Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous/meth question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous/meth question

if i ever decide my 6.0 setup isn't enough i plan on putting a plate under the carb. was wondering.......... has anybody sprayed straight meth as the fuel side of the kit. figure i would run a standalone fuel side with a resevoir next to the bottle and a shurflo with viton seals pumping meth to the fuel solenoid. i figure it might have a decent cooling effect and definitly wouldn't have to worry about detonation. what you guys think?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plug reading on alc is tough. id stick to gas . I ran a meth injection setup but it was not the sole sorce of fuel it was used to bump octain on a pump gas restricted setup . But ideally i would have just run c16.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Launching!

i would run a wideband with this setup, also if there was any confusion it will still be pump 93 through the carb, just methanol through the fuel side of the plate kit.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF you have to use pump gas the meth will help if you don't use good gas and skip the meth. BTW wide bands are almost useless for getting the tune right. there really only good on nitrous apps as a checking tool.

for giggles what a/f would you be shooting for ?
Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Launching!

hell if i know lol, i sprayed my gt when it had the 4.6 (before my turbo kit i built) but i only hit it with a 100 shot so i just loaded in the 87 tune on my tuner and kept 93 in the tank and it ran pretty good (108 trap speeds on basically stock everything else). i assume it would have to be a little on the fat side since you have to burn more alchohol?