Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque converter to flexplate bolts

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default torque converter to flexplate bolts

i'm putting a th350 behind a 5.3l. i bought the flexplate spacer for the t-converter snout for the swap and plan on elongating the flexplate holes slightly so they can be bolted together.

I bought the engine used as well as the transmission and lack the bolts for bolting the converter to the flexplate. Can i use a set of stock th350 bolts or should i use a set off of a 4l60? My main concern is any clearance issues that may result.
Example: any bolts that may protrude out too far and hit the back of the block etc..... hopefully this isn't even an issue, i just want to have what i need on hand before the install. thanks.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also am doingthe same.bought the crank spacer and was told iwould need longer flywheel bolts like the 5.3.
So i ordered arp flywheel bolts,part# 330-2802. 11mm. heard they are longer then stock.
hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

i bought the correct converter for the ls to turbo 350. eglongated the holes. and since i have a 9.5 inch converter i hat to put bolts with lock nuts and washers.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you install the bolts between the torque convertor and flywheel on the 4l60e since it doesn't have an inspection cover?

Through the hole on the bottom of the bellhousing? Does it normally have a cover or knockout piece or is it left open normally?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Default bolting flywheel to torque converter

I'll probably do mine through the starter access (have to pull the starter obviously). Just rotating the flywheel by turning the front crank pulley bolt since you can't access the flywheel teeth with a flywheel wrench. Much easier if you remove the spark plugs too.

I'm mating a 4l60e to an lq4, but also have to get the bolts. Are they metric or standard?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a access location on both sides of the block near the oil pan. Remove the starter on the passenger side and there is usually a black plastic cover above/next to the oil filter for access.

just make sure you buy the correct bolts (SAE or Meteric) that will match up with the T/C.

Last edited by bczee; 06-03-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Quick Reply: torque converter to flexplate bolts