Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx fox need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lsx fox need some advice.

I have been searching and reading everyones swap threads for about 2 weeks strait now. I have decided that my 88 lx is getting a well deserved lsx motor! I have headers on the way and k member soon. This is were i need the advise though....

1) I have no harness at all for the motor...SO i am open to ideas on what harness or what company makes a nice harness and what computer to use(I will be running the camaro gauge cluster). I have factory power windows and lock that i want to retain also, also would like to keep the turn signals and lighting working properly.

2) Im going to an automatic with this set up, Im torn between a th400 and a 4l60e. The motor will hopefully make about 400rwhp before spray (which will not be often used) i will be using an ls6 cam. The gears are 3.73, and i like to Drive my cars, not just the track. Thats why overdrive would be nice, but the th400 are virtually bullet proof.... What kind and brand stalls would you recomend.

Any input is appreciated.... Not sure what luck some of you have had, but thank you in advance.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

why do you want to use the camaro cluster? that sounds like a pain in the ***. as for the harness, use a factory one and modify it your self if your on a budget. The factory ford harness for the lights and the rest of the electronics doesnt get touched when you do the swap so you dont have to worry about it.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kornerz
why do you want to use the camaro cluster? that sounds like a pain in the ***. as for the harness, use a factory one and modify it your self if your on a budget. The factory ford harness for the lights and the rest of the electronics doesnt get touched when you do the swap so you dont have to worry about it.
I have read up on a number of people using the camaro cluster. Its about $75-80 for one also, and it seems to be the easiest way to go as far as plug and play go. It works off the ecm and the only wire i would need to change is a wire to the fuel pump, and to get the fuel leval gauge to work properly when i have the tune done they can adjust that also. As far as the harness goes....Use a 98-02 f body harnesss??
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sleepy88
I have been searching and reading everyones swap threads for about 2 weeks strait now. I have decided that my 88 lx is getting a well deserved lsx motor! I have headers on the way and k member soon. This is were i need the advise though....

1) I have no harness at all for the motor...SO i am open to ideas on what harness or what company makes a nice harness and what computer to use(I will be running the camaro gauge cluster). I have factory power windows and lock that i want to retain also, also would like to keep the turn signals and lighting working properly.

2) Im going to an automatic with this set up, Im torn between a th400 and a 4l60e. The motor will hopefully make about 400rwhp before spray (which will not be often used) i will be using an ls6 cam. The gears are 3.73, and i like to Drive my cars, not just the track. Thats why overdrive would be nice, but the th400 are virtually bullet proof.... What kind and brand stalls would you recomend.

Any input is appreciated.... Not sure what luck some of you have had, but thank you in advance.

I'm torn over the same trans swap question. Biggest thing I think is unless you go 4l60 you won't get converter lockup. I love to drive my car on the e way so that'd suck. I also do more street racing than track racing so I am not sure what to do. Same thing with the stall what size stall to run.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Teching In

I think if the car is a weekend warrior the 400 would be fine. On the other hand, if you drive her everyday, you'll want overdrive. That 400 would take serious amounts of power when built properly so it just may be over kill.

I've got an 88 and 94. I'm considering this swap myself on one of them as well. More than likely it'll be the 94 because the engine is out at the moment. Whats up with the gauge replacement? Is there any links that would go further to clarify what all is involved?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

UPDATE: I went with a 4l60e and 3500 stall. Also went with a ls1 and used a 98 camaro pcm and harness. i had a friend rework it for a great price and am using a camaro gauge cluster which works directly off of the pcm. I will update when everything is done and working
Old 02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Teching In

what headers did you decide on?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a set of kooks
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepy88
... and am using a camaro gauge cluster which works directly off of the pcm...
Do you have any links you could post about using the Camaro gauge cluster? Anything with pics?

Is it actually possibly to make the F-body cluster look like it belongs in the Fox dash???

TIA.

Tipsy
Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Do you have any links you could post about using the Camaro gauge cluster? Anything with pics?

Is it actually possibly to make the F-body cluster look like it belongs in the Fox dash???

TIA.

Tipsy
That is one question I had. Also and didn't get to hear the just of it on the phone with you the other day.