Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs???

I came across a set of springs on ebay. ( I know, ebay... don't bash on me too bad) Well anyway there called ''dropzone''. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or heard anything good/bad about them.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28-Z71mAn
I came across a set of springs on ebay. ( I know, ebay... don't bash on me too bad) Well anyway there called ''dropzone''. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or heard anything good/bad about them.

Thanks
1.8" drop front and rear with no spring rates listed? Hmmm, thats like me trying to sell you a cam without knowing the specs other than its just "much bigger than stock".
For starters 1.8" of lowering will put you quite literally on the bump stops at least in the rear which isn't good for anything. If all you care about is a slammed look you might as well just cut your stock springs and save your money. If you care how the car drives, rides and handles I suggest you do a search and pick up some properly engineered springs (and some good shocks to match if you want to do it right, seeing the stock shocks are pretty much worthless even with the stock springs).
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

x1000
Old 12-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the advice. I was just wondering about the springs because I have never heard of them and didnt know if they were worth putting on a car. I was leaning towards the strano springs anyway, but now I know to stay clear of the ebay junk.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Z28-Z71mAn
Thanks for the advice. I was just wondering about the springs because I have never heard of them and didnt know if they were worth putting on a car. I was leaning towards the strano springs anyway, but now I know to stay clear of the ebay junk.
I wouldn't ever put something like that on my car. Especially since springs are in a different price category than other things. It's not like there's a huge price difference between premium springs and cheapo knockoffs compared to shocks or exhaust components where there like a 500 difference in price. You're looking at ~100 in price between bottom of the toilet springs vs premium springs like stranos

Quick Reply: Springs???