Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP mounts g body

Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP mounts g body

Using BRP mounts in a g body, they say that it will clear the stock f body acc. Is that true? Also, does the valve cover hits the heater box, and does the motor mounts standard 1" forward or 1" back. I need some help on mounts on adapter plates or the red mounts off of ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-92...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
FormerVendor

what year is your g-body?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Teching In

It is a 1979 el camino, with a 267, turbo 350 trans.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Retrolsx is the man, talk to him about what you want to do, very helpful in my swap. I've got an 86 Monte, I ran the plates that were 1" back I believe and the very corner of the valve cover was on the heater box. If you have quetsions about the swap, pm me!

Otis
Old 12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

The ELky kits at BRP were never built off a real car and are non bolt in with no LT header options. Check the transdapt plates and you can get the same Husler hedders ML off Jegs for CHEAPER if your in a rush.

You need a kit to push it forward if you want to clear the OEM A/C box.

The LHX or the Cady pan will be your two best options.

Ill have some kits out in early 2010, whats your build time.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Actually that kit is one of the kits that are being re-designed right now, we recently released a couple of employees for honesty issues and I'll be helping Phil out with getting things re-designed and back upto par. As soon as I can get some pictures we will get them posted, but that will be after renew our sponsorship of LS1tech. The existing kit works well with the mid-length headers, our LH8 oil pan and Camaro accesories and it clears the stock steering and a/c box.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

How can Brp release employees for honesty issues, without releasing Phil ?This guy flat out told me things would work not having any idea if they would. Yes after I bitched on this forum he offered me a refund on a private message but I declined,I will not sell out my fellow ls1 members so this guy can take other members money.How can you redesign something that was never designed in the first place.In the end Phil it all comes out in the wash.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrtywalsh
How can Brp release employees for honesty issues, without releasing Phil ?This guy flat out told me things would work not having any idea if they would. Yes after I bitched on this forum he offered me a refund on a private message but I declined,I will not sell out my fellow ls1 members so this guy can take other members money.How can you redesign something that was never designed in the first place.In the end Phil it all comes out in the wash.
Since I don't know the details about you, your kit, your application or the specific transaction I'm not going to get into a debate with you about. I would like to know the details, since one of the reasons I was brought in is to help go through all of the kits and correct any fitment issues. Although I've only been with BRP a few months I am looking forward to helping them correct these types of issues and sell a better product. Since I've been there we've already started going through the existing tooling and checking for any problems there, and correcting any issues with them. We've engineered a few new kits, yes they are engineered, and started contacting customers that have siad they had issues. Sorry to hear that you had problems with your kit, but like I said I'd like to know more about it and see if there is anythign we can do to correct the situation.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

I would stay away from BRP if I were you... I have had nothing but problems and lost a few hundred dollars trying to use their products... On top of that they are using my car and it's pictures on their website and I couldn't even use any of their stuff... If you care to look into it you can see how I had to wait months for parts that didn't fit, then still got charged for re-stocking on the after they didn't work, etc etc... I still have a set of their headers they won't return that didn't fit... Nothing but a nightmare for me!

Check the link-
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...project-6.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BRP mounts g body