Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

suncoast creations lt1 ws6 hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default suncoast creations lt1 ws6 hood

they say they have the best fit but im currious how well it actually fits. can i just paint it and throw it on or what?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:45 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I would say like almost all fiberglass hoods you'll need to do some prep work. Not only will a little sanding be required before paint, you'll probably have to do a little trimming as well. A Harwood hood that I had on a previous car required you to drive it for at least five days unpainted so the heat from the engine & any sunlight would help cure the fiberglass.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

they say they have a fitment garentee not completely sure what that means. has anyone used these hoods?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElkySS
they say they have a fitment garentee not completely sure what that means. has anyone used these hoods?
when I put my WS6 hood on a few years ago I bought a Suncoast Creation. As mentioned they all need some working but as far as finish it was very nice and a quality piece. Unfortunately, mine was one of the first ones that had been re-produced from the original molds after the son bought back ownership from the owners the father originally sold the company to and even though most of the original workers were put in place the first couple of WS6 hoods missed a step in the laying process and subsequently could not be mounted to the hinges (sat above hinge and left a 5/8" gap) and also left the back edge of the hood seal open for water to enter in.

They were very surprised and looked into it right away, ordering hinges to verify the problem, apoligizing and thanking me while also tracking any other hoods that were sold. They took care of everything immediately, setting everything up for the return at my convenience, took it back and refunded my money assuring me that they were going to test the hood to a car as had been done previous to this problem before selling them again.

It's a good company and I would have done business with them again had I not picked up a real WS6 hood for a good price locally. On my car the Suncoast left a gap at the front edge and needed to slide forward throwing the back off slightly as I have seen on other cars as well. Even the OEM WS6 hood I fitted needed some of the same treatment and wasn't perfect as well.

Here is a link to a recent thread with a Tru Fiber that looks to fit very well. I had wanted to have the airbox as well and many of the hoods don't have one though. The Suncoast airbox was a nice piece!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...5-finally.html

Hope that helps with your decision...

Last edited by DriftR; 12-21-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

yea that sounds pretty good. i think ill be going with the suncoast hood
Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old 97 had a Harwood hood (not 100% sure on the brand, but many have concluded it looks to be indeed Harwood.) It had a great fitment

Quick Reply: suncoast creations lt1 ws6 hood