Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

evap system

Old 12-15-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default evap system

My question is what are the advantages to keeping the evap system? I know that it lets gas fumes into the intake manifold. I have been told it is only for emissions... If so then i can just get it tuned out and cap off the lines correct? Car doesnt pass emissions anyway so im not worred about that.
I guess my real question is will taking it out adversly affect my mileage?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

There's no real reason to remove it. It just pulls the vapor off the gas tank into a canister and releases it into the intake under part throttle conditions. Doesn't affect performance at all, or measurable emissions really either. If you remove it you'd have to vent the gas tank to atmosphere and it would stink up your garage.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

only advantage of removing it is for weight reduction and more room under the hood, and yes you will have to place a block-off plate on each exhaust manifold. you will set a code that can be tuned out
Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba
only advantage of removing it is for weight reduction and more room under the hood, and yes you will have to place a block-off plate on each exhaust manifold. you will set a code that can be tuned out
I think your thinking egr.

Search this Thread