Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

larger maf that doesn't REQUIRE tuning to run

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default larger maf that doesn't REQUIRE tuning to run

this is all speculative research....may have a faulty MAF sensor after an incident with a puddle, waiting on other parts so i figure i'll research other stuff.

IF the maf is indeed faulty, what are my options for replacement.

currently running cam only w/ FAST 90....but plan for heads down the line, and if the day ever comes...stroker (years!!)

what options do i have for replacing my maf sensor with something bigger that won't require retuning the tables? i'm 2-4hr from the nearest tuner, not to mention i'm on a budget.

i don't mind spending $300 on a maf (compared to ~$140 for oe), but i can't swing a $400-500 tune just to run it.

would one of the Granatelli or SLP versions do me any good? how are they "calibrated" for cold air (since i do have it)?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Launching!

I believe the SLP MAF is set up so that it can use
a stock tune. I'm not sure about the Granatelli.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Find a stock MAF, and put it back on your car. SLP MAF's are garbage, and should be thrown in the trash. Same with Granatelli, and most others.

Any experienced tuner will tell you this. I know some guys, including myself, that will refuse to tune a car unless it has a stock meter on it.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

^^^ SLP is set for stock tune, but tuners will tell you stocker or truck maf is better. Not fond of SLP maf either, thats why I am selling the one that came with my car, went back to stock and am doing a cam soon.