Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Any GM LS1/2 Oil Pans Fit a 69 Camaro Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Any GM LS1/2 Oil Pans Fit a 69 Camaro Conversion?

I have oil pans/windage trays/pick up tubes for an 04 truck (12579273) and 06 LS2 Corvette (12581810) and am trying to find out if either will work in the 69 Camaro. I know I can have the truck pan modified (heliarced) to fit but not sure of the ramifications. I've heard 98-02 F body pans worked but not definitive. Will any GM pan fit without modification using "O" offset motor mount adapters? I'm not impressed with some of the steel after market pans. Thanks all...
Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In order to get a stock F-Body pan to work, you would have to move the engine as far back and up some when mounting, also move to a front steer rack system ? BRP used to market a kit that would allow the use of a stock F-Body pan. It would be the same story for a LS2 pan, both have very long (front to back) lower sump's. IMO, I would Suggest aftermarket.

Check out RetroLSx's new swap pan..It is cast alum. Its shape like a LH8 pan but shorter on the sump. It should work, they are also putting together a mounting kit. I have one of the pans on order to use with my 71 Nova... waiting to see what the mount kit looks like.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ro-basics.html

That thread has a lot of information on this swap. The upcoming RetroLSX "LHX" pan looks like a good plan of attack for optimal clearance.

Quick Reply: Will Any GM LS1/2 Oil Pans Fit a 69 Camaro Conversion?