Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

My Doberman had to get 50 stitches because he was attacked by 4 dogs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Default My Doberman had to get 50 stitches because he was attacked by 4 dogs

He is probably the nicest living thing I have ever known and he would never attack a person or dog unless I was being threatened. What makes me so mad is that two of the dogs that attacked him are ones that basically grew up with him since he was a puppy.
Here I am $900 later just trying to make sure he is taken care of and doesn't rip out the stitches. I wasn't present while he was being attacked but if I was it would not have gone as far as it did.

what a hell of a weekend...my Trans Am blows a head gasket and my dog requires $900 of surgery.

I'll post a pic of his lacerations tomorrow after I get back from the vet
Old 12-17-2009, 12:27 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Bruce, you sure did **** off the voodoo gods this week man, you've had some bad luck. I hate that for you. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

On a more positive note, your Advanved Induction heads will be here Friday, and I'll have this T/A whoopin some serious *** by Monday.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Damian
Bruce, you sure did **** off the voodoo gods this week man, you've had some bad luck. I hate that for you. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

On a more positive note, your Advanved Induction heads will be here Friday, and I'll have this T/A whoopin some serious *** by Monday.
I don't know what I would have done without your help! Man I can't wait to drive it after the tune. This car has been good to up until this point I just pray that it lasts me until I can get my own $800 Mazda 626.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

^ This is the main wound that required surgery and drains. The stitches in the middle ripped out and now there's just a gaping puncture wound about the size of a silver dollar on the left side of his abdomen. He has bite marks all over his head, neck, abdomen and the posterior side of his rear legs.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your dog. I would be furious.

Originally Posted by Damian

Did you get my PM on the springs? I sent you a response to both of your PM's but it appears you aren't getting them.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Tough Mudder

I had a Doberman. Great dogs.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Man I am really sorry for your dog. I have two myself and they are my boys. One of mine was attacked by some other dogs once and between him being scared and running and my other dog whipping some butt he got out with just a few bites on his neck that healed really well. It is terrible what happened, he is a beautiful dog. I wish him and you all the luck and a quick recovery.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

beautiful dog man
Old 12-18-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, i usally dont post here, but i have 2 dobermans, the best dogs ever the most loving and protective dog ever, i would contact the owners of the attacking dogs, call the cops, get him to pay for your dog, do his dogs have all their shots?? rabies??

friend or not i dont know the situation but thats fucked up, i would really contact him and get him to pay for what happened, i feel bad for the dobe, i know their a part of the family so keep him well
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bdyman
wow, i usally dont post here, but i have 2 dobermans, the best dogs ever the most loving and protective dog ever, i would contact the owners of the attacking dogs, call the cops, get him to pay for your dog, do his dogs have all their shots?? rabies??

friend or not i dont know the situation but thats fucked up, i would really contact him and get him to pay for what happened, i feel bad for the dobe, i know their a part of the family so keep him well
The crazy thing is that the dogs that attacked him live in the same house as him. Two of them just moved in temporarily because their owner is my girlfriend's sister and she can't take care of them right now. They are unsocialized and definately initiated the attack. All of the dogs have the required shots and vaccinations.
I can't say enough good things about Dobermans. This is my first one and I can't imagine not having one for the rest of my life.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

get rid of those othr dogs asap. the fighting won't end there. trust me when i tell you that.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fellow Dobe owner here as well(he's laying at my feet as I type this). You are right, they really are amazing dogs, and their charachters are so different than anything I've ever owned. So nervous, but unbelieveably protective of me, my wife, and my son. Glad to hear he's going to be alright, and best of luck on the head gasket!

~Dobe Owner for Life~
Old 12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

i hate to hear that i had a lab who got attacked not a good situation it was 2 on 1 luckily me and the shotgun with buckshot were available, situation ended fairly quickly. hope your dog returns to full health ASAP
Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

thanks alot guys. he is doing 10 times better. Last night he was sleeping next to me and i got up to use the bathroom. When i came back he was in my spot and it was a pain in my *** to move him! He weighs almost 110 lbs and when he doesn't want to move he feels like 500 lbs.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Hope he is doing better. I have a 150 lb rott and he is part of the family. I would have probably lost it with the owners of the dogs. The dogs only know what they are shown or the owner teaches them. If they are improperly trained it is the owners fault, and that is where I would focus my rage.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Fellow Dobe owner here as well(he's laying at my feet as I type this). You are right, they really are amazing dogs, and their charachters are so different than anything I've ever owned. So nervous, but unbelieveably protective of me, my wife, and my son. Glad to hear he's going to be alright, and best of luck on the head gasket!

~Dobe Owner for Life~

Tim I didnt know you had a Dobe too. I got one to but he's a little on the dumb side but he loves me so thats all that matters
Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Launching!

Sorry to hear this. Do you know what made the other dogs attack? You said the other dogs live in the same house and 2 just moved in, so are the other 2 dogs yours as well? What type are the other dogs?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks man, get rid of the other dogs or keep them all seperated. I have a boxer and is my best friend so I know how you feel when your bro gets hurt.

Chad
Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with>>>
Originally Posted by ls1psycho
get rid of those othr dogs asap. the fighting won't end their. trust me when i tell you that.
Sorry about your injured Doberman. My gf has miniature pincher cute.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1psycho
get rid of those othr dogs asap. the fighting won't end there. trust me when i tell you that.
seriously, i assume the other dogs are larger breeds as well? it sounds like they are packing up against your dog. and in the mean time keep all of them in crates including your dog because if the others are locked up and they escape (and it happens!) they will try to kill your dog.

Quick Reply: My Doberman had to get 50 stitches because he was attacked by 4 dogs