Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone running a ACT 6 puck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone running a ACT 6 puck?

Just got a good deal on a act clutch, it's the 6 puck springed hub part #GM9-HDG6.. Supposed to be rated at 925ft. lbs.
Just ate up my ls7 clutch finally and was wondering what the street manners were on it? pedal feel? any chatter? 5-6k dumps on stickies ok?
Just trying to get a lil real world info on it.. I know alot of imports run them with good luck, but havnt found many ls1 guys running them, kinda makes me wonder why?
Thanx

Also, I have a 6-speed inc. built t56 that I want to have gone through before I put everything back in, is there any reputable shops here in Houston that do good work?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

No experience with the ACT clutch, but I do have a Monster level 6 rated to 900HP/ FT-lbs, and it is a 6-puck design. Street manors are pretty damn good for what it is. I love it. The puck style is better for repeated abuse at the track because they cool down quicker - and therefor last longer. On the street, you might have some chatter, depending on the clutch material used and the break in.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

bump, I'd like to know any feedback on this ACT 6 puck for a street car
Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Had a HDG6 in my 02 mustang gt and i really liked it. Had it paired with a F1 light weight flywheel. This one doesnt like to slip. takes some getting used to taking off from a stop and has some vibration. The grip is amazing when shifting. I am also looking for someone who has used it in an f-body for some feedback but i would assume it would act similar to my experiences in the mustang. (Besides being cable vs hydraulic)
Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact clutch in my T/A right now, the car has just over 600 miles on the clutch it has some chatter and doesnt slip to well but it is still streetable it seems to be getting better manners though the more I drive it, either that or I am just getting use to it. right now my car is putting down over 500RWHP and I am currently upgrading the fuel system to turn up the boost. No real complaints the tracks are opening up down here in early march so I will let you know how well it takes the clutch dumps with slicks because its about to see some.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a ACT 6 puck?