Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER Nitrous/spark plug question. Sorry guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default ANOTHER Nitrous/spark plug question. Sorry guys

I have a LS1 with 5.3 heads, a decent size cam, FAST 90/90 and a few other bolt ons. I'm planning on running a 150 wet shot with a ZEX nitrous kit. I need to know what spark plugs I need to run with this set up. I tried to look in the archives but there are so many different setups and motors and kits that Im honestly tired of looking. Thanks for the help. Trey
Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Also i was looking at the IAT tricker mod and I know that it will pull about 3 degrees of timing out. I also read that you need about 1.5 degrees retard per 50 shot. I want to run a 150 shot on my car. Would I be safe with that? Should I stay with a 100 shot? Tell me what you honestly think. Thanks, Trey
Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could probably get away with using the NGK TR6 but you may want to go with the NGK BR7EF as its better suited for nitrous.
As far as pulling timing, the timing tricker will pull timing but I would verify that it works before you actually spray it. If you can get a hold of a scan tool, your pcm will show how much the timing is advancing. Hook up the timing tricker and verify with the scan tool that you are getting less advance than before.
And general rule for timing is 2 degrees per 50hp.
Of course with a good tune, you may not have to remove that much.
Read your plugs for timing and fuel marks and verify A/F ratio.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd run a -7 to be safe...... start by pulling 7 degrees most likely until i get a good read on the plugs....