Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory Bling: Pulley Covers, Chrome, Billet, Paint, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Accessory Bling: Pulley Covers, Chrome, Billet, Paint, Etc.

Is there an economical option to upgrade the looks of the pulleys in the GM kit for LSx blocks? I would like to improve the looks of the stock crank balancer, water pump pulley, and maybe a few other pulleys. I sound like such a girl but I want to contrast my freshly painted black block with some aluminum/chrome like contrast on the pulleys/brackets. Billet and chrome are $$$. I have looked at S&P and an e-bay company but it gets pretty pricey very fast. Without spending that kind of money what have others done? Does plain old paint hold up? Anybody make any plain aluminum covers/pulleys which are not $$$? Lookin for ideas. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paint them with metallic paints?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by au1991rx
Is there an economical option to upgrade the looks of the pulleys in the GM kit for LSx blocks? I would like to improve the looks of the stock crank balancer, water pump pulley, and maybe a few other pulleys. I sound like such a girl but I want to contrast my freshly painted black block with some aluminum/chrome like contrast on the pulleys/brackets. Billet and chrome are $$$. I have looked at S&P and an e-bay company but it gets pretty pricey very fast. Without spending that kind of money what have others done? Does plain old paint hold up? Anybody make any plain aluminum covers/pulleys which are not $$$? Lookin for ideas. Thanks.
Have them powdercoated with a chrome or silver like coating.

Quick Reply: Accessory Bling: Pulley Covers, Chrome, Billet, Paint, Etc.