Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 firebird swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 firebird swap

I did a search and didn't find no link or pics. Im looking into swapping a LS motor in a v6 firebird. I know I need the k-member froma v8 car but what about wiring? Or the instrument panel? Im gonna get a rear end from a v8 car along with driveshaft. Anyone who has done this, please post a link or share. Im getting ready to snag a cheap v6 car that needs a quarter and gonna start getting everything I need to swap it over. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zman98
I did a search and didn't find no link or pics. Im looking into swapping a LS motor in a v6 firebird. I know I need the k-member froma v8 car but what about wiring? Or the instrument panel? Im gonna get a rear end from a v8 car along with driveshaft. Anyone who has done this, please post a link or share. Im getting ready to snag a cheap v6 car that needs a quarter and gonna start getting everything I need to swap it over. Thanks in advance.
Something to think about, depending on how cheap you get the car for it may be more cost effective to purchase a V8 car outright.

These swaps typically end up costing 2-3 times more than anticipated. My $1500 budget 5.3 swap is well into the $2500 range and I haven't even dropped the motor in the car yet with all the little parts.

Your LS1 swap and the cost of a V6 car can can easily exceed the cost of just buying a 1998 Firebird with a LS1 in it already. I noticed that your looking for a wrecked LS f-body....that may be your best route. Get a totaled LS1 donor car sitting right next to the C6 car...you'll have everything you need then and no hidden costs.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

If I get the car it will be 600 or less having 93000 miles need a quarter and tail light. Mainly trying to find out if the eletronics are a pain to get right cause most everything else I got a good understanding of. I can not afford full coverage insurance so a loan is outta the question and hard to save up 6000 dollars. I know people have done this I just wanna hear from them what problems they had.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Zman try to get the same year donor car .Do a search here for" LS1 swap into 3.8 " and look for my post dated 12-16-09 and go to the site I listed . There is a chart at the bottom of that page that I think you will find helpful .It tells you what you need to change , its easiest to do same year.Let me know if you cant find it? omc8