PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAFT tuning

Old 12-16-2003, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAFT tuning

Is there a good way to determine if your MAFT is maximized? I have one on, and I think its doing what its supposed to, but is there a good way to tune it and know that its done right and to its full power potential?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Does anyone know any good info for this? Online or in literature form?
Old 12-17-2003, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need a way to read your LTFT's. Normally ATAP is used. Without a way to read your LTFTs and other computer info, youre just guessing as to where the MAFT should be set.

-T
Old 12-17-2003, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by White2kTA
Is there a good way to determine if your MAFT is maximized? I have one on, and I think its doing what its supposed to, but is there a good way to tune it and know that its done right and to its full power potential?
What do you mean by "maximized"? If you turn the **** until it stops - than it's at a maximum correction level.

Or do you want to get your LTFT's to 0? Avoid both rich and lean conditions? In that case you probably want MAFT tuned, not maximized. You will need a scanner to do that, I'd guess wideband is even better, though it's probably overkill for MAFT.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Iv_z28
What do you mean by "maximized"? If you turn the **** until it stops - than it's at a maximum correction level.

Or do you want to get your LTFT's to 0? Avoid both rich and lean conditions? In that case you probably want MAFT tuned, not maximized. You will need a scanner to do that, I'd guess wideband is even better, though it's probably overkill for MAFT.
LTFTs? See this is the kind of info I need.....
Old 12-18-2003, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Try this site.

http://www.vetteguru.com/mods/howto/

If you have your MAFT dials turned up all the way, youre 99% likely hurting yourself more than helping. If the MAFT was really "Horsepower in a Box" would the really need *****? Everyone would want them turned all the way up.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Try this site.

http://www.vetteguru.com/mods/howto/

If you have your MAFT dials turned up all the way, youre 99% likely hurting yourself more than helping. If the MAFT was really "Horsepower in a Box" would the really need *****? Everyone would want them turned all the way up.

That's not what I meant, though that seems to be a popular interpretation...... I may have mis-spoke. I mean optimized. When I say maximized I mean tuned for maximum potential output.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay, well check out that link above.

Basically, You want your LTFTs (Long term fuel trims) to be 0 or slightly negative in FTC (fuel trim cell) 0 - 15. At WOT (FTC 22) the LTFT should go right to 0, but mainly what you want is to look at the 02 sensors at WOT. They should be around 880 - 910.

How is the car running? I know when my car is running lean my exhaust gets real poppy, the deceleration FTC kicks in more often (engine braking) and the RPMs drop quicker than normal while clutching.

-T

Search this Thread