LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Hows it going... Newbie

Old 12-20-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows it going... Newbie

Hey, im NOT a LS4 guy, but a Wbody guy.

I owned a crown vic (modular) that was pretty modded, long story short got hit and im here today. I bought a 06 9c1 thinking that they were the same car as the 3.9 and that they had a huge aftermarket.... boy was I wrong.

Anyway, I hate to say this.... but I love my car. Its given me my fair share of issues without doubt, but its worth every penny at the end of the day... plus i can usaully drown out any other feelings by doing a 3-1 downshift at 34mph and have it pin me back in the seat a bit more and feel the torquesteer.

I love my car very much... but i am looking to possibly do a LS4 swap sometime within the next year or so, so yeah.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Welcome
Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

would probably be more cost effective to just trade in for an SS instead of doing a motor swap
Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by keviiinn
would probably be more cost effective to just trade in for an SS instead of doing a motor swap

This, plus no headaches.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome
Old 12-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Teching In

From my understanding ( a friend has a 3.9 GTP) The market for aftermarket parts for the 3.9 is actually pretty low...for now. He has mentioned that there is a slow and steady stream of parts currently being made for the motor, although i cant remember if he has the one with VVT or not...Check out some of the forums with GTP owners.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PontiacSpeed
From my understanding ( a friend has a 3.9 GTP) The market for aftermarket parts for the 3.9 is actually pretty low...for now. He has mentioned that there is a slow and steady stream of parts currently being made for the motor, although i cant remember if he has the one with VVT or not...Check out some of the forums with GTP owners.

3.9 GTP? That has to be a G6. The W-body GTP's are 3.8 and the aftermarket is pretty large, not like an F-body but pretty good.

And for people who want to swap an LS4 in there w-body, don't waste your time and money, you can make a nasty little 3.8 350whp, and UP easily...

ZZPerformance,
W-body store,
Intense Racing,
PFYC.com
3800performance
Morad Auto parts(any replacement part for ANY w-body and other models)

clubs i know of,
Clubgp
3800pro
many others.

Greg
Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by 98GTcoupe
3.9 GTP? That has to be a G6. The W-body GTP's are 3.8 and the aftermarket is pretty large, not like an F-body but pretty good.

And for people who want to swap an LS4 in there w-body, don't waste your time and money, you can make a nasty little 3.8 350whp, and UP easily...

ZZPerformance,
W-body store,
Intense Racing,
PFYC.com
3800performance
Morad Auto parts(any replacement part for ANY w-body and other models)

clubs i know of,
Clubgp
3800pro
many others.

Greg
Cant swap a 3.8 in there easily. If i would have known about this, i woulda dumped half the price down on a older impala and L67ed the bitch with a ported eaton and boost the living **** out of it with a built trans.

The 3.9 is a nice engine, but unless the parts start getting made... i see a LS4 sometime in the future. Yes, it will be a headache, but arent all cars. I figure if i do this, it will be a first of its kind, but at least I was the one that did it.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

if you're going to do any kind of drivetrain swapping anyway, do something that most of us wish we could afford to do, and do a RWD conversion with that.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Well... the aftermarket for the LS4 is much to write home about but there are major parts starting to become available... turbo kit, headers etc. I say toss a turbo on the 3.9 and be done. I have always loved cop cars.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9c1ftw
Cant swap a 3.8 in there easily. If i would have known about this, i woulda dumped half the price down on a older impala and L67ed the bitch with a ported eaton and boost the living **** out of it with a built trans.

The 3.9 is a nice engine, but unless the parts start getting made... i see a LS4 sometime in the future. Yes, it will be a headache, but arent all cars. I figure if i do this, it will be a first of its kind, but at least I was the one that did it.
Ok, so i guess im a little confused, your driving an Impala? with the 3.9? Or a G6 GTP with a 3.9?

I actually thought about getting my wife one of those G6 GTPs pretty slick little car. (no offense)

Greg

Search this Thread