Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a good class for me to race in at LSx shootout or Drag Week?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is there a good class for me to race in at LSx shootout or Drag Week?

Assuming I make a recovery this new year and am healthy enough to travel and drive, I would like to race in Drag Week or maybe a class at the LSx shootout. I think for simplicity I would probably race my slower car because its way more reliable and comfortable. It has no roll bar so I'd be limited to 11.50 ET's which should be really do-able on motor.

Its a basic H/C heavy *** car, nothing special. Is there a class where I can be competitive? I assume it would be some bracket class, which I probably won't be very good at, but I really want to attend a race and at least try.

My other car is faster but it would be in a power adder class and I'd be easy first round fodder.

Drag Week would be just awesome I think. My car is still fully loaded and pretty nice. I doubt there would need to be much wrenching so I could enjoy the trip more. Looks like a blast!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I would just do one of the index classes. You have plenty of time before the event to get some more track time in and try to get real consistent with the car. There is a lot to keep in mind about bracket racing, but at the same time its fun to learn, so good luck and I to plan on entering the 2010 lsx shootout.