Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Do i need LCAs ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need LCAs ?

okay so by the end of winter its going to have full intake and exhaust and SFCs with weight reduction, battery relocation ect...on M/Ts ...will LCAs help me or not ? because people around here are saying they will help alot and others are saying i dont need them...also will a PHB help me for the price >?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

no one on here can tell you whether you need lower control arms or not. if you have wheel hop, you'll want them. since you're an a4 (judging by username) and probably on the stock stall, chances are you'll dead hook on the M/T's with bolt-on power. if there's no wheel hop or tire spin, then you don't need them.

for the price, they're a good idea. i like mine. if i were you i'd just wait and see, no use buying parts you don't need.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have them with only some bolt-on's. I'm an m6 tho. They seemed to dull the wheel hop, but it isn't gone. I like them. Did I need them? I don't know, but I love working on the car and it was easy to do. Makes the underside of the car look better, but that's the best I can give you.

I like your sig pic creeper.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

thanks! photoshop is awesome
Old 12-21-2009, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed that you are asking about LCA's! And I just wanted to suggest to you that anytime you can replace the factory stamped pieces with a tubular solid version and a poly bushing will eliminate a good bit of your wheel hop. But it really depends on other factors as well such as spring and shock combo. But the drag radials will definitely help. Another option for you that I would highly suggest is a set of lower control arm relocation brackets. They allow you either stock ride height or lowered they allow fine tune the rear by allowing you to adjust the lower control arm. Now depending on if the vehicle is lowered or not we determine if you need a pan hard bar. If it is I would suggest going with a adjustable to allow you to recenter the rear. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...9smn9its2qg190

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Do i need LCAs ?