General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Alignment/Front suspension ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment/Front suspension ?

I recently got my car aligned at an aligment shop but it is still pulling to the right kind of hard. My tie rods seem to be new. The only thing that kind of seems to be in a bad condition is the control arm bushing I believe. When the car is still and the tire is kicked it kinda moves around easily any ideas on what it might be. Maybe something in the suspension is bad and the shop didnt catch it. They showed me the specs on the aligment machine and it was all under the allowed specs. Any ideas on what I should check? Also i've been tryin to do something about all that body roll that the car has. Its still on stock suspension maybe a energy suspension sway bar & link bushings would help or lowering springs? Whats worked best for you guys?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

What kind of wear do your tires show? And are they at equal pressures? Either of those being out of whack can make it pull. I think I'd also take it to a second shop...nothing says that the printout you saw was for your car. If there is something gone in your front end, the shop should have seen it and told you assuming they inspected in the first place.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Launching!

They do look even but then again they are pretty new and yes at equal pressures. I watched them put the car on the machine and they even showed me where it was sayin 98-02 firebird cant remember exactly the years but mine was included. They did tell me about my tie rods being out on the opposite side but that was about it.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Do you mean 'tie rods out' as in out of adjustment, or as in bad? If bad, then you have your answer.