PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!cats pass emissions with a tune??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !cats pass emissions with a tune??

Ive heard of people with no cats passing with a good tune is this true? I need to register my car but i have LT's and ORY so im pretty sure ill fail emissions i need a tune anyway so will that work or am i going to have to buy a catted y
Old 12-21-2009, 05:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slo_lt1
Ive heard of people with no cats passing with a good tune is this true? I need to register my car but i have LT's and ORY so im pretty sure ill fail emissions i need a tune anyway so will that work or am i going to have to buy a catted y
Well depending on where you live you can generally find somewhere that will pass your car. With a tune that disables all of your codes you could MAYBE get away with it, it just depends on if they feel like looking under your car... Most of those "mechanics" just look for the SES light. But if your car is really loud as I suspect it is, then it may raise a few eyebrows My friends and I got lucky and found a guy at a junk yard who will pass our cars, cats or not

You could always just buy a catted Y and switch it just for inspection and then afterwards switch it back. I have heard of a few people doing that but it seems a little annoying.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian'sCharlotte(TA)
Well depending on where you live you can generally find somewhere that will pass your car. With a tune that disables all of your codes you could MAYBE get away with it, it just depends on if they feel like looking under your car... Most of those "mechanics" just look for the SES light. But if your car is really loud as I suspect it is, then it may raise a few eyebrows My friends and I got lucky and found a guy at a junk yard who will pass our cars, cats or not

You could always just buy a catted Y and switch it just for inspection and then afterwards switch it back. I have heard of a few people doing that but it seems a little annoying.
yea i wanted to avoid having to buy another y, hopefully i can just find a shop around here that will pass it its actually not to loud