General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

coolant flush

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default coolant flush

hi all tommorow i well flush my coolant,dose i need to bleeding the system,i remember my cousin do that in his LT1
thanx
Old 12-22-2009, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

It's not as difficult as an LT1 car. All you need to do is top off the radiator, wait a minute, top it off again, wait and top it off one more time. Then, start the engine with the radiator cap off. When the thermostat opens the coolant level will go down. Top it off imediately. This will likely happen one more time. If the coolant level starts to rise, put the cap on. Then check the coolant level once or twice in the next few days to make sure you got all the air out.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Teching In

sound easy
thanx
Old 12-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ali pontiac
sound easy
thanx
If the coolant does NOT start to drop or flow while you are waiting.....rapidly squeeze the upper radiator hose like 20-30 times. That will both push the coolant through, which will push the air bubble past and mix the coolant with the air bubble against the t-stat and allow the warm/hot water to touch the t-stat so it will open. Works every time.

Keep checking your temp gauge in the car while you are waiting for it to warm up and start to flow so you're not standing there while your engine is overheating....