Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous and Low CR, come inside.....

Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous and Low CR, come inside.....

I was just jotting down some ideas for a project car and started thinking.....

Eventually I would like to do a Turbo'd LT1 backed by a TH350 in a stripped down F body. I am still thinking about maybe a 5.3 but for now the LT1 will be MUCH cheaper to do.

My plans are now to strip the car and replace all the internals with forged units, put a cam in it (CC306 used), home port and polish the heads and the intake and then spray around a 200 shot on it. Now, I already have almost everything I need for a nitrous kit, and since I am on a budget for now, I'd like to stay with spray since it would be the cheapest route.

But, if I could run a Low CR piston now, when it would come time to build a turbo kit for it, I wouldn't have to do anything to the bottom end and just have to change out the cam.

I have no interest in NA numbers, I know that the low CR will affect me NA anyways. This car is going to be a strip car and when its going, the pedal will be to the floor and it will have some go fast juice going through the motor.

I just want to know if the low CR will be ok for nitrous.

Thanks guys

Justin
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be just fine. My only concern would be that if you go with a dished piston you obviously won't have as much material on top of the piston and it won't handle the heat as well. On a 200 shot you shouldn't have any problems though as long as you don't go crazy with the timing.

Search this Thread