Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bring up an OLD post... gforce suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bring up an OLD post... gforce suspension...

found this somehow today and thought it was pretty interesting, and was wondering if anyone has done this or seen this and if it's any good, i would like ot ditch my TA but dont want to mess up my pinion angle doing this... any advice would be appreciated... thanks!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ion-setup.html
Old 12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL ...

Mustang guys want to ditch the Quadra-Bind and get a PHB/TA set up and the F-Car guys want to lose the TA and go to a Quadra-Bind ...
Old 12-28-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitchntx
LOL ...

Mustang guys want to ditch the Quadra-Bind and get a PHB/TA set up and the F-Car guys want to lose the TA and go to a Quadra-Bind ...
well whats better? i want to get after susp. so i dont have wheel hop but i really dont want to pay 400 for just a adj. ta... i mean ill do what i gotta do to be able to race but if their is something better out there for cheaper thats what i want... iunno it's just an idea and that looks pretty cool.. but iunno
Old 12-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
well whats better? i want to get after susp. so i dont have wheel hop but i really dont want to pay 400 for just a adj. ta... i mean ill do what i gotta do to be able to race but if their is something better out there for cheaper thats what i want... iunno it's just an idea and that looks pretty cool.. but iunno
Get a set of aftermarket LCA w/ poly-rod ends or rod ends and relocation brackets to solve your wheel hop issues.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL ...

Interesting observation!

Most of us east coast oval track fans are aware of the wicked race machines known as "modifieds". One of the more successful race shop/chassis builders is Troyer Race Cars, and their chassis have been hooking up 700-800 hp on 13" wide tires for YEARS with an LCA, torque arm, panhard bar, coil-over set up....
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL ...

Thats very true. There are quite a few kits out there for them to do that.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bene
Get a set of aftermarket LCA w/ poly-rod ends or rod ends and relocation brackets to solve your wheel hop issues.
right i understand that but i want to do the whole suspension and the TA seems like it's just so damn expensive.. i was j/w thanks for the info i plan on doing lcarlb and lca pb ta and qa1's... but all in good time i saw this set up and was just wondering about it...
Old 12-29-2009, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
well whats better?
Better? Neither set-up is perfect. They each bring a unique and different set of "issues" that have to be dealt with.

There is no arc of the suspension covenant.

And I guess it did appear that was "mocking" your post. Not the case at all. I had never seen that suspension setup on an F-Car before. And the truth be known, it's a suspension setup loosely ... very loosely designed around the Fox 4 link.

It just struck me as funny because there was a recent, HUGE debate on how superior the TA/PHB was as seen from the Ford camp. When asked if that setup ever wheel hops, over 1/2 asked "What's wheel hop?"

Old 12-29-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ide like to see some people chime in that actually have this set up and see what they have to say about it...