Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Area Emmisions Testing and Long Tubes.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Area Emmisions Testing and Long Tubes.

So after being talked out of mids or shorties I will be looking into getting the
Pacesetter long tubes with catted y-pipe combo from Texas Speed. I was also going to go with an LS6 manifold while I was at it. Now they only do computer testing here now so here are my questions.

Can I get the egr tuned out and the car tuned for the long tubes properly and still pass the test? From what I've read the rear O2 sensors will be deleted by going with this combo but can I still pass if it is properly tuned with just the fronts.

If so which set of headers do I go with? They list both a "race" version with no A.I.R. and no EGR. Or do I get the regular 98-00 style and just block of the egr hookup.

Thanks guys it was so much easier doing this on my 69 camaro
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah just have the egr tuned out along with the rear o2's and you should be fine, as long as there is no visual or sniffer test. makes me glad nebraska doesn't check for ANY of that.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do search in the Midwest section. This topic has been covered tons. To answer your question, yes.