On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what the heck do you want me to say, geez, tough crowd
Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Joinedthedarkside
Generally you give a brief description of the car and circumstances such as DA, raceweight etc... then people will know the situation and be able to give advice/compliments/criticism etc..

Rookie mistake

Congrats on your time!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

dunno just got that feeling when I opened the thread that someone came up to me and said "HEY" then I was like "sup" then there was silence....

LOL, we expected you to tell us what mods you had to get there etc.. then maybe you could be like do you think I will break the rear end? Then we could be like oh blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Are you auto or 6 speed? Auto should be able to take it, they do generally, 6 speed... better get a back up rear end or start looking at bigger and better.

I dunno I lost a rear end in my auto on just full bolt ons but the bolts that hold the posi together broke, I didnt actually break gears or axles, mine may have been a rare case, kinda weird thing to break.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn such haters give him a break. he didn't know be nice about it. Very nice trap speeed, get a new rear end and let her fly and go find yourself a 10 sec slip.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Thank You 00T/AWS6...

its a 2000 WS6 6spd and i didnt ask if i would break my rear end cause i am pretty sure i will if i launch hard. i dont really wanna put a $3,000 rear end in this cause its my daily driver and i dont hit the track very often. but i am sure if (or should i say when) i break my rear end then i will put a nice one in.
dont know the DA but it was very cold and even foggy and misty. race weight is full weight plus t.v., amps, subs, etc.
mods were/are 223/226 cam, LT's, E-Cutouts, volant intake, ported TB, Ls6 manifold, ls7 clutch, ls2 flywheel, Walbro 255lph, 4.10's, old 26x10.5 MT's, eibachs, UD pulley, SMC's, short shifter, and 100 shot thru nx wet kit, br7's, msd wires, i think thats about it. not too much..
i am pretty sure i can at lest get an 11.2 or 11.3 if the track was a little warmer and did not have 4 oil downs on it. one time i was almost sideways halfway down the track cause the guy in front of me broke and they did not see it till they saw my headlights pointing at the people in the stands. but i know i will never hit 10's til i have a new rear cause i wont even try to launch on this one

Last edited by Joinedthedarkside; 01-05-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: forgot some mods
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
damn such haters give him a break. he didn't know be nice about it. Very nice trap speeed, get a new rear end and let her fly and go find yourself a 10 sec slip.
Yeah your right I am totally "hating" on him so hard right now cause he posted a thread that said "I dont want to break my rear end" and left it like that, thats like me posting a thread that says dont wanna wear out my tires and leaving it just like that so We were nice we told him what he should have put in it, we didnt ridicule him or take away his birthday or anything

Thank You 00T/AWS6...

its a 2000 WS6 6spd and i didnt ask if i would break my rear end cause i am pretty sure i will if i launch hard. i dont really wanna put a $3,000 rear end in this cause its my daily driver and i dont hit the track very often. but i am sure if (or should i say when) i break my rear end then i will put a nice one in.
dont know the DA but it was very cold and even foggy and misty. race weight is full weight plus t.v., amps, subs, etc.
mods were/are 223/226 cam, LT's, E-Cutouts, volant intake, ported TB, Ls6 manifold, ls7 clutch, ls2 flywheel, Walbro 255lph, 4.10's, old 26x10.5 MT's, eibachs, UD pulley, SMC's, short shifter, and 100 shot thru nx wet kit, br7's, msd wires, i think thats about it. not too much..
i am pretty sure i can at lest get an 11.2 or 11.3 if the track was a little warmer and did not have 4 oil downs on it. one time i was almost sideways halfway down the track cause the guy in front of me broke and they did not see it till they saw my headlights pointing at the people in the stands. but i know i will never hit 10's til i have a new rear cause i wont even try to launch on this one
Your MPH is pretty close to what some really low 11 second cars run but they launch way harder than you do out of the hole and you would definately break the rear then, I would say at full weight plus some with your system you are gonna have to lauch too hard on that rear end to keep it from breaking.

I know of a SS that does 11.1 in the upper 120's MPH but he launches at nearly 7k RPM and just dumps the clutch, but thats on a built up ford 8.8. Not gonna happen on a 7.5 10 bolt. FWIW he is all motor and lightened up a few things.

Still thats a good time you ran, oh and the guy I posted about above, blew gears out the diff cover on a second gear roll spraying it when he had the 10 bolt so your already getting close to the limit.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha reallly bro?? I didn't really seee much wrong with his first post. He wrote he didn't want to break his stock rear meaning he baby'd it out the whole and ran his time. All one person had to say was could you please say more about your setup, he gave me enough information to comment. If you really want to start arguing then go ahead. All i was saying is after the initial post saying to add more the rest is overkill and rude.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

yeah i thought i said enough also..
dont wanna break the rear end and thats why it was a 1.9 60ft
but 7k launch haha hell no... i was launching between 3k and 3.5k
Old 01-05-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

yeah i thought i said enough also..
dont wanna break the rear end and thats why it was a 1.9 60ft
but 7k launch haha hell no... i was launching between 3k and 3.5k
Its not easy to get it down but if slipped the clutch just a little you would get a better 60ft and be easier on the rear end at the same time, you could also end up with a better 60 ft without breaking if you do get it down, if you preload the rear end you will also help the rear stay together alot longer as well, and if you slip the clutch you are kinda preloading anyway. Preloading being dumping the clutch at the lightest amount of engagement, dumping it from the floor will kill the rear end at alot less RPM/power
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

i am gonna have to play with it some more if i take it back down there.. but soon i will be taking my rx7 instead and stop beating on my DD, LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

i am gonna have to play with it some more if i take it back down there.. but soon i will be taking my rx7 instead and stop beating on my DD, LOL
Yeah you could even do some light practice on the street, what powerplant is in the rx7, FC? FD? Buddy of mine had a mint white FD and he swapped a LS6 in it, then we put in a healthy cam and a big Ram clutch, that car was a beast. Kept ripping the transmission crossmember boxes off the body of the car, we had to reweld them several times.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

its an FC 10th anniversary... my engine builder is putting it back together right now..
full bridgeport, t70, etc... should pull strong at 21-24psi

damn what kind of power was he making? thats crazy doing that damage to it...
i have gone back and forth several times trying to decide whether to go with an lsx or stay rotary, cause i love both and i guess what made me stay with the rotary is the fact that the sound just goes with the car... Braaaap.. psssh
Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awsome MPH..Keep your eye out for a used housing..and then just buy new axles and center section..
Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

its an FC 10th anniversary... my engine builder is putting it back together right now..
full bridgeport, t70, etc... should pull strong at 21-24psi

damn what kind of power was he making? thats crazy doing that damage to it...
i have gone back and forth several times trying to decide whether to go with an lsx or stay rotary, cause i love both and i guess what made me stay with the rotary is the fact that the sound just goes with the car... Braaaap.. psssh
The rotary thing is cool, but he was blowing them left and right, he was having them built by a local guy, cant remember his name now, but he is/was the best around and he still couldnt keep them together, after his 3rd motor at around 5 grand each he said F the rotary's and got some pistons for it. It put down a little over 410 to the wheels with the cam, it would yank the box off launching it on sticky tires, I believe it was always the passenger side box, but then that would pull on and bend the driver one, which is a common problem with the FD with a LS swap, thats why Henson updated there swap crossmember with a support arm that bolted to the body, we later put that one and with a better weld the last time we welded it and the support arm it broke the driveshaft finally instead, then we knew we did ok. He actually had the first LS6 swapped FD. There were a few, not many, but a few LS1 swapped FD's when he did his.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
Awsome MPH..Keep your eye out for a used housing..and then just buy new axles and center section..
i wish i new a little more about rear ends, i see some for sale for a good price every now and then but i dont know what i need for mine : 3 channel/4 channel, 31,33,35 spline, 12 bolt/9inch, forged this/that... i just have no clue..
if i could find one for under $1,500 i will do it but if not then oh well i just wont launch hard, and pray it holds on the street. i hardly ever race and have only squeezed through 2 bottles in almost 2 years so its not THAT big of a deal to spend $2-3,000 on a rear.