light weight autocross wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default light weight autocross wheels

hey guys i have a set of z06 rep wheels and they are heavy as hell. Im in the market to buy a set of light weight autocross wheels what brand should i check out. I have heard of some wheels being as light as 12 lbs is this ture.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

My 16 inch VOLK TE-37's I had on my integra only weighed 11 lbs, I dont know if they make a proper wheel offset and lug pattern for the F body though.

Check with Kodiak Racing, they are expensive but forged and look like they will be pretty light as well, unfortunately I dont think you can get a light wheel for anything less than a fortune http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/index.html

Your best bet would probably be some of the C5 magnesium wheels?. Correct me if im wrong anyone but those should be pretty light and would prob be the lightest for the money.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
My 16 inch VOLK TE-37's I had on my integra only weighed 11 lbs, I dont know if they make a proper wheel offset and lug pattern for the F body though.

Check with Kodiak Racing, they are expensive but forged and look like they will be pretty light as well, unfortunately I dont think you can get a light wheel for anything less than a fortune http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/index.html

Your best bet would probably be some of the C5 magnesium wheels?. Correct me if im wrong anyone but those should be pretty light and would prob be the lightest for the money.
thats what i hear... also hear they are very fragile. Wonder if any truth to this.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by youguessit
thats what i hear... also hear they are very fragile. Wonder if any truth to this.
I did crack the rear side of one of the volks, but they are aluminum so they can be welded. But I have cracked and seen other cracked aluminum wheels so I dont know how much more fragile they are than any other aluminum wheel.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

thanks guys i will check those c5 wheels out i am looking to spend up to 2500 on them so i should find a good set for that price

Quick Reply: light weight autocross wheels