Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI shift kit question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 03:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCI shift kit question?

I just finished installing the TCI shift kit and a TCI3500 TC. Everything is great but there is one question that i have. I think its the shift kit but when i put it in D or OD it makes this real loud pop kinda deal. I dont know how to describe it i mean i think its just the shift kit shifting into Drive but i mean it doesnt sound very good. It kinda clangs. Do all shift kits do this? Will it hurt anything and is it normal? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Are you talking about when you put it in gear? Have you boosted line pressure at part throttle with the HPP or LS1 edit? The shift kit increases the firmness of the shift not only at full throttle, but at all part throttle positions including idle. So, it is not uncommon to feel or hear the shift when you put it in gear. If you dislike this, then you could tune the line pressure with force motor duty cycle to eliminate the noise of it taking gear. If you have questions with the shift kit or programming, please give me a call 1-662-224-9377.

Kevin Steele
Product Engineer
TCI Automotive
Old 12-18-2003, 09:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This might be a faster / harder apply ringing your driveshaft, on account of loose U-joints or other
driveline play?
Old 12-19-2003, 02:47 AM
Gev
TECH Addict

I have the same thing with mine. I talked to Kevin and he said all is normal.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Johhny...... Do you have your line pressure adjusted with yout HPP3?? If you do take it off. That is one way to break it. The shift kit already increases line pressure and you dont need to do it with the HPP3. Alls fun out here..... dial up sucks though. whats your AOL IM name PM me it.
Kyle
Old 12-23-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No i dont have the HPPIII tuned in with the new tranny. I know better then that. I need to check my U-joints. But other then that i think thats just the way the shift kit is. AOL name...sickls1z28