Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbiw to the ls family and wanting some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbiw to the ls family and wanting some advice

new to the sceen and wanting some advice on my plans:

I got a 2000 ls1 and i want to replace the heads and intake with ls2 stock set up and a aggressive cam. Bang for my buck is that a good idea to go with ls2 intake and heads or can i get the same performance using a good set of heads alone without changing my intake. As well as some cam advice and a good shop that can do it. Truck not ready for the motor just yet but a good shop that can do the engine wk while it is out of the truck
Old 12-31-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most common swap is the ls6 heads and intake, as far as cam selection depends on if you want an aggressive car or a sleeper, street or strip, since you're in houston you might want to go to texas speed they'll point you in the right direction
Old 01-01-2010, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The only LS2 part you will need in an LS1 would be the timing chain. It sounds like you need to do more research and be a little more specific of what your goals are, modding an LS motor can get expensive. Before you go into heads and a cam you need to get all of the supporting mods done i.e. headers, exhaust, lid, manifold (LS6), and some suspension or you will just leave yourself spining. There is alot of good info on the board so try a few searches and you will learn alot really quick. Like stated above Texas Speed is in your area and they will be able to help you out alot.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the madness!
What are your goals with the truck?
Any pics of it? Good luck with the build.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will generation 4 heads and intake mount up to a generation 3 block? Just thought I'd throw that question in