Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

mcleod rst twin

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mcleod rst twin

I am very interested in the mcleod rst clutch,It seems to have excellent reviews so far. Will this assembly bolt to a stock size flywheel. Who has the best deal on these,speed inc. wants $689.99 for the clutch assembly alone,no flywheel. I have a aftermarket light flywheel already and the alum. mcleod flywheel is expensive,over $500 buck's. Would this work fine with a alum. fidanza flywheel,it is alot cheaper than the mcleod unit and still has replaceable steel insert's. This clutch is overkill for my power level right now but I have plan's for the future. My spec stage 3 took a dump after very low street miles.Held good, but suck's for longevity. Thank's everyone.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Default me2

Im also interested.. Im, currently stock and have a 155k mile fried stock clutch.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

I own the exact same set up, although my car is not on the road (yet). RST, McLeod T.O. bearing and Fidanza flywheel. Spoke to Fidanza after I bought the RST and they said it'd work fine. Caught up w McLeod at SEMA and they told me to cross hatch .0375 - .005 off the flywheel surface so the clutch would have something to grab onto.

Assuming they're tech support knows their products and what works I should be good to go.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Im going to use the Yalla Terra ultra light steel fly wheel.
It's about 14 pounds but is steel.
I just don't feel comfortable with aluminum long term on the street.
The clutch is a keeper though.

Quick Reply: mcleod rst twin