Anybody interested in Flight Training this 2010?

Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody interested in Flight Training this 2010?

I'm an instructor based at a school in the S.Houston area, and we offer pilot training to obtain all your certificates.

I know flying is one of those dreams that we've all had, but the world of aviation may seem daunting and intimidating to a first timer. What we all find out though is that it's not as bad as you think and sometimes all it takes is a step forward and in the right direction to get you started.

So if you have any questions, or have been thinking about it feel free to ask me about training. What it costs, what it consists of, how long it takes and what's involved are among the things I can help you with.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Sure, I'll teach you how to fly.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to just get a rec license but I'm not rich.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I would love to just get a rec license but I'm not rich.
You don't have to be rich. We are one of the few schools that deal with light sport aircraft and we actually have two on the line for training. The LSA market is relatively new and for the purposes of meeting the challenge of an aging aviation clientele who have medical issues and keep flight training affordable to the masses.

Specifically, we have these two aircraft you can be trained in,

Tecnam P92
http://www.tecnam.com/index_en.html

Flight Design CTLS
http://www.flightdesignusa.com/

If you have a valid drivers license and 20 hours of training, you can get your light sport certification. With our college affiliation, total costs can be under the 3K mark for your Light Sport rating.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:18 AM
11 Second Club

I've been going up with the skydivers Pilot in Rosharon. Its fun cause we go up 14,500 feet and i get to take the controls quite often. I want to take of the plane and land one now. Flying is easy...its the instrumentation that could be a challenge. How much?
Old 01-02-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
I've been going up with the skydivers Pilot in Rosharon. Its fun cause we go up 14,500 feet and i get to take the controls quite often. I want to take of the plane and land one now. Flying is easy...its the instrumentation that could be a challenge. How much?
I used to work over at that field in Rosharon, flying the little 172 that they have. I got the owners son his private license.

Come check us out then, we can definitely get you started.

Prices vary, but ballpark your looking at 5-7K for your private rating and 3-5K for your recreational.

Rental rates are 105-115 an hour for the aircraft and 40 an hour for the instructor. We also do discovery flights for 59 dollars so if you want I can set you up with that.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

License is do able but the whole having to buy a Cessna is the expensive part. Plus fuel for them things isn't cheap even if you just to fart around in.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
License is do able but the whole having to buy a Cessna is the expensive part. Plus fuel for them things isn't cheap even if you just to fart around in.
You don't have to jump straight into plane ownership. There are several options for you once you have your license, including time share, fractional ownership, or the most popular is getting involved with a local aero club and getting in on rates. Additionally, a lot of aircraft are rented at wet rates, meaning that you get fuel with the plane. Any fuel you do buy is deducted from the cost of the rental.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Teching In

My boss just bought a 78 piper lance and he mentioned me taking pilot lessons if i am availiable to take customers to the company dear lease.... hmmm.... What does it take to get liscense ? instrument rating ?
Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

I don't want to fly, then my car will seem even slower when I drive it.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawk170
My boss just bought a 78 piper lance and he mentioned me taking pilot lessons if i am availiable to take customers to the company dear lease.... hmmm.... What does it take to get liscense ? instrument rating ?
Figure about 10K in total and 8 months to a year for private and instrument combined.

Of course, this is variable, related to how much you attend training.

Are you local? Stop by the school and I can show you around.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Teching In

My dream has always been to be a pilot. My Dad had a 172 til I was 8 and we would fly at least 2 times a week. I am about to graduate from Texas State with a Business Management Degree but We all know the economy sucks and I will probably not be getting a decent job. So I wanted to keep trucking with my education so my question is how much am I looking at getting my private to multi CFI at a FOB? Also whats the deal with the quick programs like ATP and Delta Academy? Also what is the likely hood of me getting a job in the aviation field as a pilot. I am on JetCareers.com all the time and I keep hearing the job market for pilots is pretty rough right now.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

how hard is it to become a commercial jet pilot and what kind of money do they make?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Westsidetrans242
My dream has always been to be a pilot. My Dad had a 172 til I was 8 and we would fly at least 2 times a week. I am about to graduate from Texas State with a Business Management Degree but We all know the economy sucks and I will probably not be getting a decent job. So I wanted to keep trucking with my education so my question is how much am I looking at getting my private to multi CFI at a FOB? Also whats the deal with the quick programs like ATP and Delta Academy? Also what is the likely hood of me getting a job in the aviation field as a pilot. I am on JetCareers.com all the time and I keep hearing the job market for pilots is pretty rough right now.
Air Force brotha.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by puggerton03
how hard is it to become a commercial jet pilot and what kind of money do they make?
Pretty damn difficult, at least by the standards required with getting most professional jobs. Pay ranges vary also, depending on who you work with and what you fly. As you get into it they publish data sheets which call for what a pilot in a particular aircraft would be making, but that's more for factoring in cost and maintenance and not a true barometer of what a pilot operating that aircraft would be making.

It varies widely, some guys make 110K a year flying around single engine turbines and other guys makes 40K a year working at a regional flying around a 55 passenger twin jet engine.

Don't focus so much on the plane and more on who your working for or what the operation is running. Otherwise if you start chasing the SJS (Shiny Jet Syndrome), then that's how you end up at one of the 80K so called, "Jet Acadamies" that promise you a fast track to the dream jet job. Don't buy into the hype.

Regardless, getting your hours in is key and it all starts with getting the ratings.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by puggerton03
The deal with ATP and Delta Academy, among the other higher ranking so-called pilot academies is that they basically charge an exuberant amount of money to train you in return for a "guaranteed interview" and a so called fast track to the airlines. Don't buy into the hype. I wouldn't call it a scam, but the market is bad right now for REGIONAL AIRLINE pilots so even if they wanted to, most of the individuals couldn't get a job. The doors to the regionals really shut the doors back in 2007 or so and it's doubtful if we'll see anything like what we saw in 2002 and 2003.

What you have to understand is that there are other avenues out there. People tend to think the airlines are the only jobs you can have related to aviation, but that's simply not true. There is a lot of opportunity out there.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
Pretty damn difficult, at least by the standards required with getting most professional jobs. Pay ranges vary also, depending on who you work with and what you fly. As you get into it they publish data sheets which call for what a pilot in a particular aircraft would be making, but that's more for factoring in cost and maintenance and not a true barometer of what a pilot operating that aircraft would be making.

It varies widely, some guys make 110K a year flying around single engine turbines and other guys makes 40K a year working at a regional flying around a 55 passenger twin jet engine.

Don't focus so much on the plane and more on who your working for or what the operation is running. Otherwise if you start chasing the SJS (Shiny Jet Syndrome), then that's how you end up at one of the 80K so called, "Jet Acadamies" that promise you a fast track to the dream jet job. Don't buy into the hype.

Regardless, getting your hours in is key and it all starts with getting the ratings.
I agree. Though I don't know a lot about training and pay with aviation. I have met a few pilots doing private work and they're getting paid very well, compared to commercial pilots with a heavier work load.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
I'm an instructor based at a school in the S.Houston area, and we offer pilot training to obtain all your certificates.

I know flying is one of those dreams that we've all had, but the world of aviation may seem daunting and intimidating to a first timer. What we all find out though is that it's not as bad as you think and sometimes all it takes is a step forward and in the right direction to get you started.

So if you have any questions, or have been thinking about it feel free to ask me about training. What it costs, what it consists of, how long it takes and what's involved are among the things I can help you with.
What is the name of the school? Something I am interested in down the road.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a website
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bruser, SSilverSSurfer, you have PM.

Ain't no time like the present.

Search this Thread