Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

why doesnt anyone make wide 10 spokes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why doesnt anyone make wide 10 spokes?

Just like the title states, why? I am on the verge of getting mine widened to 11" in the rear, and running a wheel adapter, as much as i dont want to do that. They are such nice wheels, just too narrow. Does anyone know anybody that makes them? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess beacuse not a lot of people buy them as aftermarket wheels. It would be sweet to have them available though. Post up some pics when you get your 10 spokes on
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Take a look at this thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ck-wheels.html
Hopefully I can send my rear rims out to them to be widened. Just need to find the extra $$.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Guess beacuse not a lot of people buy them as aftermarket wheels. It would be sweet to have them available though. Post up some pics when you get your 10 spokes on
it seems like a catch 22 then, because who wants to buy wheels for these cars that are only 9 inches wide....if they made aftermarket ones 10-11 inches wide i bet there would be a lot of people who would buy them including myself

Originally Posted by 1nicez28
Take a look at this thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ck-wheels.html
Hopefully I can send my rear rims out to them to be widened. Just need to find the extra $$.
Thanks for the thread, i really would like to avoid running a spacer though, oh well....looks like ill be getting some ZR1s...
Old 01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, there arent too many budget oriented 11" wheel besides the ZR1s, and maybe the Torque Thrusts. I know OE Wheels is working on an 11" wide deep dish C5, but those wont be available for a couple months. I have widened 00 WS.6 wheels on the rear of my car, running a 1" adapter. I havent had any problems at all. I love em, because they look completely stock from the side, but my 315/35-17s are 12" wide.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Unfortunately, there arent too many budget oriented 11" wheel besides the ZR1s, and maybe the Torque Thrusts. I know OE Wheels is working on an 11" wide deep dish C5, but those wont be available for a couple months. I have widened 00 WS.6 wheels on the rear of my car, running a 1" adapter. I havent had any problems at all. I love em, because they look completely stock from the side, but my 315/35-17s are 12" wide.
So you have no problem with them on the street? What kind of driving do you do? I will be going to the 1/4 mile track and possibly autox and this is what scares me with the adapters
Old 01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silversrtman
So you have no problem with them on the street? What kind of driving do you do? I will be going to the 1/4 mile track and possibly autox and this is what scares me with the adapters
No problems at all. Im running ARP 2.5" wheel studs with them, and suprisingly they fit into the back of the wheel, so i didnt have to do any cutting on them. I wouldnt exactly say im gentle on my car, but i have not launched it. Traction is nearly impossible it seems.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

Yea you can always just get some widened.