Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Cleaning chrome barrells

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cleaning chrome barrells

Aside from Blingmaster (which I plan on buying in a couple of weeks), what kind of polish works for polishing the barrells of my wheels the best? I just picked up some stock chrome zr1's and I want the inside as clean as the outside. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest it mostly depends on the finish of the inside wheels. Bling master works really well as does mothers mag wheel polish. If its possible you could re surface the inside with different abrasive scotch brite and then polish to a shine and it will be smooth and shineeeeeeyyyy lol but mainly your going to need some elbow grease..
Old 01-03-2010, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

The insides are chrome. If I re-surfaced with the scotchbrite and polished them, it would cut the chrome out of the barrell. It would look good, but it would be polished rather than chrome and that would SUCK to maintain. I've got a polish I don't know if anyone knows of named Busch that my buddy's brother got at a Georgia truckstop. It's the ****. I'm gonna do my initial clean-up with Eagle 1 Chrome spray and follow up with that Busch. I hope it works. Thanks again Peeler.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

The reason I say to resurface them is my deep dish zr1's I just got are chrome but the insides are like a machined finish. I've thought about doing them but there brand new so ima wait for awhile lol... I've never seen a wheel that is chromed on the inside but that would be sweet an much easier to maintain. Good luck post pic's when you get em polished up...
Old 01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

I'm gonna take before and after pics. The CCW's that Blingmaster have side-by-side are chrome-barrelled and that's what I want mine to look like, lol. Thanks Peeler!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

I just take mothers ball and mothers chrome polish to clean the chrome barrel of my rims, works really good. You can't use anything abrasive or it will tear up the chrome, which can ruin your whole chrome job in the long run. There's a lot of chrome polishes out there to choose from.