Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cincinnati can...

SUCK IT.

Who thinks they let the Jets win?

Bullcrap man.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

I agree. Indy did the same thing last week.. but..
the teams that got knocked out yesterday because certain teams won, put themselves in that spot..had they won the games they needed to win.. they wouldn't have needed any help
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

They wanted no part of the Texans. We beat them once on their own field earlier in the season and we had some good momentum going. Congrats to the Jets though.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Texas Director

Cincinnati didn't "let" the Jets win.

If Houston had taken care of business this season they wouldn't be in a spot to have to need help to back into the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mmiller
Cincinnati didn't "let" the Jets win.

If Houston had taken care of business this season they wouldn't be in a spot to have to need help to back into the playoffs.
I agree.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texans still have a little maturing to do. They made alot of mistake today, and oh my god that kicker is horrible.

Some days they look fantastic, and some days they are mediocre. There are a few problems to fix, and I think they are a real contendor. So many winnable games they let slide through their fingers that would have given them a playoff spot. Its dissapointing really.

I hope next year that they can come back with all their positives, but fix a few of their negatives.

Congrats on the winning season Texans fans.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Texans still have a little maturing to do. They made alot of mistake today, and oh my god that kicker is horrible.

Some days they look fantastic, and some days they are mediocre. There are a few problems to fix, and I think they are a real contendor. So many winnable games they let slide through their fingers that would have given them a playoff spot. Its dissapointing really.

I hope next year that they can come back with all their positives, but fix a few of their negatives.

Congrats on the winning season Texans fans.
Kris Brown and Chris Brown single handedly cost us 2 if not 3 games this season.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Kris Brown and Chris Brown single handedly cost us 2 if not 3 games this season.
Yep. Almost cost the game yesterday. How they have kept that kicker around amazes me.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Yep. Almost cost the game yesterday. How they have kept that kicker around amazes me.
He'll be gone soon.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

he missed a ****** extra point... i dont know what happened to him, he used to be a for sure 3 points when he came out onto the field to kick, then all of a sudden he misses one big one and that just messed him all up... it reminds me of lidge pujols jacked that one big homer off him and that messed him up for good for the 'stros... best bet is to get rid of kris brown and get a replacement... no use in keeping him
Old 01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
he missed a ****** extra point... i dont know what happened to him, he used to be a for sure 3 points when he came out onto the field to kick, then all of a sudden he misses one big one and that just messed him all up... it reminds me of lidge pujols jacked that one big homer off him and that messed him up for good for the 'stros... best bet is to get rid of kris brown and get a replacement... no use in keeping him
It happens all the time in the NFL. You have a top notch kicker, something happens, and he can never recover mentally. The only reason Kris Brown sucks, is because he feels so much pressure from missing all of those other kicks. Its a lack of confidence. One day you have a bad *** kicker, something happens, and from that point on the kicker has a mental block that will not allow him to perform.

If for some reason they decide to keep him, their best bet is to have him spend all the time he should be practicing at a counselor.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thats funny that you brought that up.. Me and my dad were talking about that last night. He's a good kicker he has proved it before, but maybe he just needs to go to another team or take a break for awhile.

And we all know the saying about the Texans, whats the difference between the Texans and a dollar bill? You get 4 quarters with a dollar bill... The Texans are capable of beating any team out there, they just need to learn how to stay consistent throughout the game.

But hey I'm happy for them, best season yet.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't forget the other disaster:

Chris Brown - No speed, no agility, no ability to look upfield, no hands.

This dumb bastard couldn't get 1 yard on 2 different game winning occasions. Fumbled at the 1 yard line against Jacksonville and was stopped at the 1 against Arizona.
He also threw that retarded interception in the 2nd game against Jacksonville that cost us the game.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayBee
Thats funny that you brought that up.. Me and my dad were talking about that last night. He's a good kicker he has proved it before, but maybe he just needs to go to another team or take a break for awhile.

And we all know the saying about the Texans, whats the difference between the Texans and a dollar bill? You get 4 quarters with a dollar bill... The Texans are capable of beating any team out there, they just need to learn how to stay consistent throughout the game.

But hey I'm happy for them, best season yet.
yeah you know i want to be happy but its hard to be happy for a team that went 9-7 when they could have just as easily been 12-4 or atleast 11-5 but they made the worlds dumbest mistakes and that is mistakes all the way from on the field to the coach... it was a whole team effort to **** this season up to ****...

It happens all the time in the NFL. You have a top notch kicker, something happens, and he can never recover mentally. The only reason Kris Brown sucks, is because he feels so much pressure from missing all of those other kicks. Its a lack of confidence. One day you have a bad *** kicker, something happens, and from that point on the kicker has a mental block that will not allow him to perform.

If for some reason they decide to keep him, their best bet is to have him spend all the time he should be practicing at a counselor.
i would be pissed if they kept him, just like the astros kept lidge and gave him chance after chance after chance to get back into his rythem... chances are it's just not going to happen, like you said he has a mental block that he will not be able to get passed unless he is on another team... i like kris brown up until he missed the field goal against the colts but even then i was like its cool no biggie and then the titans game came along and what do you know he fucked that one up too... ( i think that is the order it went in right?)

This dumb bastard couldn't get 1 yard on 2 different game winning occasions. Fumbled at the 1 yard line against Jacksonville and was stopped at the 1 against Arizona.
He also threw that retarded interception in the 2nd game against Jacksonville that cost us the game.

i still dont think that fumble again Jacksonville was a fumble i pretty sure he broke the plain which would be a TD but w/e the refs get paid tons to make their bad calls... but that INT was terrible but that was mainly the coaches fault...
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would be pissed if they kept him, just like the astros kept lidge and gave him chance after chance after chance to get back into his rythem... chances are it's just not going to happen, like you said he has a mental block that he will not be able to get passed unless he is on another team... i like kris brown up until he missed the field goal against the colts but even then i was like its cool no biggie and then the titans game came along and what do you know he fucked that one up too... ( i think that is the order it went in right?)
Eh. They won't keep him. And I didn't say anything about him getting passed his mental block if he goes to a different team. I think he is just done. Once the Texans get rid of him, you probably wont ever see him again.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Texas Director

One big thing that you left out about Chris Brown is that he runs straight up with no body lean. That's why he gets stuffed all of the time. That's a coaching issue and for whatever reason the coaches haven't seemed to address that with him. Surely there is no way that he's on the team next year.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

perfect example of being mentally weak from one big missed F/G.....Nick Folk....one of the top 3 kickers in the League one year, missed a big F/G and has never been the same.......

as far as the Texans go, they aren't a bad team, just need to plug a few holes, might take one good draft and they will be a contender
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

i still dont think that fumble again Jacksonville was a fumble i pretty sure he broke the plain which would be a TD but w/e the refs get paid tons to make their bad calls... but that INT was terrible but that was mainly the coaches fault...
I absolutely agree with you on both. I too think Brown fumbled after he broke the plain, but if he doesn't fumble we have another shot at the endzone.

The halfback pass was a tremendously stupid call by Kubiak/Shanahan. However, THROW THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS! It was 1st down and 5 at the Jacksonville 7!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mmiller
One big thing that you left out about Chris Brown is that he runs straight up with no body lean. That's why he gets stuffed all of the time.
LOL! SO TRUE! I throw that in there as part of his lack of "agility". The guy is like a tree trunk with no roots. Push him, and he falls over.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who did we go down in flames against in week 1....oh yes, the Jets. We'd be going to Cincy if not for that.

Kris Brown was nearly automatic for years in all the games that didn't matter. It's all in his head. I feel bad for the guy, because I'm sure with a change of situation he'll be fine...like me and quitting golf every few years. My slice always goes away.

I think it is funny Folk got replaced by Suisham, who the 'Boys had when he first came out, and was inconsistent so they got rid of him. They were calling for his job a few years ago in Dallas, and they got what they wanted. He goes to Washington, does ok and now hes fine and back with the Cowboys again. K. Brown will do the same thing if we get rid of him. He has leg and can have accuracy when he feels the vibe, but now that this town is out to get him I don't think he has a choice. Too bad, seeing as how he's one of the only original Texans left.

We need a run game. Making Schaub/A. Johnson carry the team like P. Manning/ Dallas Clark will only go so far, and when you have a great DB(s) you can shut us down with nothing to go rely on. You might say, 'but Indy is always a contender.' They also have someone who makes them use more than 1 down lineman against them...unlike us vs. the Patriots. Indy's true brilliance is that it doesn't really matter who they have (or don't) at RB in their system...Edge, Addai..whoever. If they can run upfield and follow a good block, they can get the job done.

In about week 2, Gruden said on national TV the Texans wouldn't have a winning season this year...someone needs to make him eat those words. I've been waiting 15 weeks for that.

EDit: Cushing was huge this year. I hope very much he comes with the same intensity next year. What a pickup.