Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New baby is home!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New baby is home!!!

Well got the new, to me at least, V home Saturday night. Was a wonderful drive home in this thing. So smooth on the highway and felt like it was begging to be opened up and run!

Everything works great and I am still getting used to all the creature comforts this thing has....man I am not used to being pampered while driving!!!

One thing that is going to need to get fixed extremely soon is that the previous owner did a horrible job of having the stock wheels cheaply chrome plated and they are flacking very, very badly. So I am in the market for some new wheels. I want to stay with 18" since the tires I have now are brand new Goodyear F1's. Just want to swap wheels. I really like the Mille Migila wheels but can't seem to find them anywhere online. Anyone know where to find them?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll let you know if I sell my car, without the wheels. As of now I'll be using them for winters.

Congrats again!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Milles are only 8.00" wide, most use them for a winter tire, as giving up treadwidth on your everyday tires is not a popular option. Keep the stockers and when the tires are done look at getting the wheels powdercoated or finished in black chrome; you can also get them widened to 9.25-9.50" on the rear. What color is your V, as Black looks good with any darkened wheel, but the Silver ones are a little more difficult to please.

Also, F1s are terrible for treadwear, no one goes back to them due to they are toast at 7,500 miles or less. Look at buying a spare rim if getting a flat is your concern. Lots of good choices for you in the future for less dollars, such as Nitto Invos, Hankook V12 Evo and others.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, Milles can be purchased at tirerack, but contact Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac in Virginia to see what they can offer if you really want to ditch the stockers, I think they have two different wheels available.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Yeah I know the goodyears are not the best. They did not last very long on my old lightning. The stock wheels are very bad pitted on the inside of them and would take some sanding and grinding to smooth them out. That is why I am looking at just getting new. The Milles are a 18x8 but you can still get a 255 on a 8" wheel correct? I also like the wheels that www.wheeldude.com offers.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like others have said id just powdercoat them. the sand blsting would get rid of all the pitting. if u decide to sell em let me know.. congrat on the new ride
Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

powdercoating is cheap and durable compared to aftermarket wheels for the V, HAd mine powdercaoted gloss black for 100 a wheel, It even filled in all of the curb rash from the previous owner and you can get just about any color you want.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah you can even get them powdercoated close to stock color if u really want. I would go for a hyper silver or black chrome color if i were you....look at my fquick my old V had them done in that color
Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Back to the Milles, not sure how much of a 255 tire is planted/useable on an 8" rim, you will definitely lose some of the treadwidth. IIRC, GM makes an accessory wheel that is a split spoke version of the stocker, and is in a chrome finish, I am sure they are 18" X 8.5" and look much better than the Milles.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Back to the Milles, not sure how much of a 255 tire is planted/useable on an 8" rim, you will definitely lose some of the treadwidth. IIRC, GM makes an accessory wheel that is a split spoke version of the stocker, and is in a chrome finish, I am sure they are 18" X 8.5" and look much better than the Milles.
those factory accessories are 8 in width. at least thats what ive read
Old 01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
those factory accessories are 8 in width. at least thats what ive read
DNKT, seems like a dumbarse decision by GM to go with less width than the stockers, as there may be some liability replacing them and keeping 245s on them. Maybe the Milles are also made by Speedline (?) or a subsidiary, as they look a little similar and may be the same width.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope, you were right. they are 8.5
Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
nope, you were right. they are 8.5
Makes sense, then again this from the same company that put Kia-quality paint, Hyundai-quality shifters and Yugo-quality rear ends on our Vs.

Also found an old thread from 2007 on the other forum where Lindsay was selling these for $300ish, so based on looking much nicer than the Milles and having an extra .5" in width, I say go with these.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Launching!

I would love to get the factory extra ones. I found the Rota wheels in hyperblack and really like the look of those too. 18x8.5 wheel....$850 shipped. I am just wanting to stay below $1000....wish I could afford some CCW or TrueForged.

Not in a huge rush but will be fairly soon. Aftermarket?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New baby is home!!!