Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tried searching for the answer without posting but...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tried searching for the answer without posting but...

is there a header, y-pipe system that will allow me to pass inspection? i live in jersey. if i get a system that has emissions fittings and high flow cats am i good? i don't understand if my car will fail inspection if i get headers. i know the rear o2 sensors will have to be tuned out. Inspection is the only thing i'm confused about.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:09 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you get a visual inspection, obviously you will need cats. most headers are no smog "legal" You lose your front cats when you put them on. So yes and no. Just depends. Ask ChacoTaco what he does for inspection. He is in your neck of the woods.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

but if i have a complete exhaust system, headers, high flow cats then out the rear through my current borla exhaust i'll pass? I believe we get visual inspection, sniffer test, and OBDll for inspection. Will a complete exhaust system and the read o2's tuned out pass? They can't fail you for noise violation?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

i believe as long as yolu have cats and no cam then you should have no problem with emissions