Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Parts on 5.3s Good or Bad??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Parts on 5.3s Good or Bad??

I have a stock ls1 crank, intake, stock cam + a very mild comp cam for LS1, a set of LS1 heads with a stage one port job. Would these all work on a 5.3? Would the work be worth the power? Would the crank increase stroke or would you have to change rods? Thank you for all the help. I am looking at selling all these parts and wanted to clear up some options before i tried to sell them.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About the only thing that would be worthwhile is the camswap. Even then if it is going in a truck, it would give up some bottom end without a stall. The cranks will have the same stroke and I wouldn't put the heads on even if they are ported unless you mill them down to at least 62cc chambers. You don't want to give up any more compression. If the 5.3 is already running, I would sell the parts and get something that will benefit you more for that motor.

Jon
Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

The LS1 and 5.3 share the same crank stroke and rod length. The only difference is the bore diameter. Is the 5.3 installed in the vehicle? Reason I ask is if your plans include a rebuild for the 5.3, it will safely bore to the stock LS1 bore. After that you basically have an iron LS1. Now install your LS1 ported heads and cam.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

The 5.3 is in a truck. He was thinking about buying the parts but i wanted to make sure it was worth it for him. I think i am just going to post up and sell all the parts. Thanks for the help