Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What mounts work for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mounts work for me?

I have searched for hours trying to find the right mounts for me. I know what I want.... I think

I want the engine fairly close to the firewall and down fairly low in the frame. I will be running a vic jr setup with 4 barrel TB so I need hood clearance. The car will not be lowered so ground clearance shouldn't be too much of an issue. I would like 1-7/8" LT headers to fit without denting for stock gearbox and rear steer. I would like the mounts to use a poly mount. The Autokraft pan looks decent for all mounts I'd guess... although very pricey.

My searching has showed....

-BRP mount too far forward
-AutoKraft looks decent but what headers work with it?
-ATS is similar to the AutoKraft
-S&P uses stock rubber SBC mounts I believe.. not sure about that?

OK what works together and will achieve my goals? Thank you!

Last edited by frito1; 01-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Launching!

hooker plates with hooker headers. sets about 3/4 of an inch off the firewall. the other picture is before I got it running, but you can get an idea of how high it sets with a GMPP L92 intake and holley 750hp with air cleaner on it. my car has a cowl induction hood, i don't think the stock hood would have cleared. i know you didn't list the hooker plates but just to give you an idea of where it sits.
Attached Thumbnails What mounts work for me?-4.jpg   What mounts work for me?-010b.jpg  
Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah that's the look I'm going for. I do have an original SS hood that has a 2" cowl but I don't think that it affords any more room under the hood.

So the hooker headers cleared the stock steering box with their mounts without denting them? What size LT's are those?

Any more ideas appreciated
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Still looking/searching. I would kinda rather buy some mounts with poly in them rather than fire the welder up.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Default brake booster

Originally Posted by 68 RS Convertible
hooker plates with hooker headers. sets about 3/4 of an inch off the firewall. the other picture is before I got it running, but you can get an idea of how high it sets with a GMPP L92 intake and holley 750hp with air cleaner on it. my car has a cowl induction hood, i don't think the stock hood would have cleared. i know you didn't list the hooker plates but just to give you an idea of where it sits.
What brake booster/mc setup is that? Looks like the one from(memory) DetroitSpeed. Do you have stock disc/drums? I want to get their new booster/mc SETUP FOR 2ND gen. I don't want to have to replace the brakes though. EVERYTHING is new and never used yet.

thanks,
JIm
Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

am interested in the brake boost too.

Quick Reply: What mounts work for me?