Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Lockout

Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reverse Lockout

Working with a harness for a 411 PCM - harness is missing the reverse lock out. What does the PCM do or sense to prevent shifting into reverse? Guess I don't fully understand what the PCM does in this situation. I know many wire it through the brake pedal but do they do away with the PCM trigger and just do a stand-alone wire from a voltage source to the lockout on the trans with a brake switch in between? Thanks. -Bob
Old 01-05-2010, 04:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BBPanel
Working with a harness for a 411 PCM - harness is missing the reverse lock out. What does the PCM do or sense to prevent shifting into reverse? Guess I don't fully understand what the PCM does in this situation. I know many wire it through the brake pedal but do they do away with the PCM trigger and just do a stand-alone wire from a voltage source to the lockout on the trans with a brake switch in between? Thanks. -Bob
Rev Lock Out occurs above a certain speed. i.e. above 3mph. PCM grounds the RLO solenoid. The other side of the solenoid is connected to 12V supply.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone know if reversing the plug wires on the rev louckout plug will cause any issues? I had to wire in the Revese Lockout plug to my Auto wiring harness and I'm not sure if the wires are reversed. Does it matter?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Ok, so for those that wire it through the brake pedal is that done by disabling the PCM control wiring and directly wiring to the solenoid with another power source through the brake switch? Or can one retain the PCM control but run it through a brake switch also?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Launching!

Ok, so for those that wire it through the brake pedal is that done by disabling the PCM control wiring and directly wiring to the solenoid with another power source through the brake switch? Or can one retain the PCM control and also run it through a brake switch?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reverse Lockout