Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 stages Nitrous wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 stages Nitrous wiring

Hi, im putting togheter my nitrous system with 2 wet stages and controlled by the microedge and using a stand alone for the fuel.

Here is a schematic that I draw, im thinking on use one general swtich to turn on all, and besides one indivual switch for each one of the stages. To provide the fuel for both stages Ill be using a "y" fitting, with these I have one doubt on the wiring, its ok to run only 1 fpss for 2 stages(first draw) before the fitting or I nead one fpss for each stage(second draw) after the y fitting.

If I go only with one before the "y" and one stage is running when the second stage goes in, it wont shut down all of the system because of the pressure being dropping by the demand of fuel , or can be corrected with a good regulator.

Im thinking on use one stage of 150 hps on the progressive, and the second will be 100 with some timing delay.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Some of the colors are off on the diagram, I don't know if thats because they weren't showing up well or not...

One thing for sure get the 12+ switched on the microedge off of the main arming switch. You'll want this hard wired to kick on every time the key is tripped.

I'd personally run the fpss as close to the solenoid as possible to monitor pressure drop where it counts the most. If that means you need 2 of them then go with diagram 2. I personally wouldn't run them but I've never been a huge fan of them.

Nick
Old 01-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Some of the colors are off on the diagram, I don't know if thats because they weren't showing up well or not...

One thing for sure get the 12+ switched on the microedge off of the main arming switch. You'll want this hard wired to kick on every time the key is tripped.

I'd personally run the fpss as close to the solenoid as possible to monitor pressure drop where it counts the most. If that means you need 2 of them then go with diagram 2. I personally wouldn't run them but I've never been a huge fan of them.

Nick
the quality of the image went off crappy on the process of hosting, the only wire that I didnt draw its the pink one, because at this moment I dont think on using a purge, so whats the best thing to do whit that wire, isolate it and leave it loose, wire up to a graund or to a hot wire?

ok Im taking out an making there own switch for the microedge and the driver module.

The leanout function on the microedge can act like some kind of a replacement for the fspp? as soon it get lean will turn off the system(after all gets thrashed lol).

Continuing whit installation, so far Im just hooked some wires for the microedge: power, ground, tps voltage and rpm, maybe tomorrow Ill do the o2 sensor narrowband(expecting on get a wideband later).

Can somebody explain me why on the microedge the readings of the rpm are like 250 lower than the tach in the board?, I take the signal from the white wire on pin 35, which one it more accurate?

My tps voltage on idle its 0.59 is this ok?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by marols7
the quality of the image went off crappy on the process of hosting, the only wire that I didnt draw its the pink one, because at this moment I dont think on using a purge, so whats the best thing to do whit that wire, isolate it and leave it loose, wire up to a graund or to a hot wire?
Leave disconnected w/ cap at the moment.

ok Im taking out an making there own switch for the microedge and the driver module.
Just hook to a 12+ source that is off your ignition switch.

The leanout function on the microedge can act like some kind of a replacement for the fspp? as soon it get lean will turn off the system(after all gets thrashed lol).
Yes. It will also catch scenarios that a FPSS will not. I would suggest using it in conjunction with a wideband for best results.

Continuing whit installation, so far Im just hooked some wires for the microedge: power, ground, tps voltage and rpm, maybe tomorrow Ill do the o2 sensor narrowband(expecting on get a wideband later).
Sounds good.

Can somebody explain me why on the microedge the readings of the rpm are like 250 lower than the tach in the board?, I take the signal from the white wire on pin 35, which one it more accurate?
Your gauge cluster is merely a dummy gauge. Make sure the microedge is on the correct setting for your application.

Nick
Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW

Your gauge cluster is merely a dummy gauge. Make sure the microedge is on the correct setting for your application.

Nick

I set it like the manual says on the 1-8 p/rev when connecting to a tach out signal on the lsx, and on number 2 its where the rpm reading gets closer to the cluster, if I go up on the p/rev option the rpm displayed get lower, and if I set it on 1 the value goes very high, on 2 Im good?

Also I already have done the O2 sensor, narrowband, but went kind off wrong I guess, because when I turn on the engine displays a value and it remains ok but a soon the engine starts to get warm the value begins to jumping and for some moments reads 0 the voltage, this maybe can be product of a bad connection?, or this is normal on the narrowband.
I got a set of jet hot headers with the 4 wires o2, Im conected on the extension on the purple wire.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

I set it like the manual says on the 1-8 p/rev when connecting to a tach out signal on the lsx, and on number 2 its where the rpm reading gets closer to the cluster, if I go up on the p/rev option the rpm displayed get lower, and if I set it on 1 the value goes very high, on 2 Im good?

Also I already have done the O2 sensor, narrowband, but went kind off wrong I guess, because when I turn on the engine displays a value and it remains ok but a soon the engine starts to get warm the value begins to jumping and for some moments reads 0 the voltage, this maybe can be product of a bad connection?, or this is normal on the narrowband.
I got a set of jet hot headers with the 4 wires o2, Im conected on the extension on the purple wire.
You're good on the value setting on p/rev. Like I said, your gauge cluster is just a dummy gauge. There is no way to know if your needle is even in the correct location.

That is normal on a narrowband sensor.

Nick
Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Thanks Nick for taking the time to solve my doubts jeje, but I hope not to bother whit so many questions, cause I think there are more to come as continue the installation of the whole system

Another question that I have is about the jetting on your kits, one of the stage is a brand new nozzle kit that I got whit the microedge on your blackfriday sale, and the other one is a tnt that a friend sold me pretty cheap. And Im thinking on make my own stand alone whit some parts that I have laying around. I have a black holley pump that is rated at 140 gph and 14psi, this pump is good for the dedicated?

What jets will you suggest usin 14 psi for a 100 hps and for 150?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks Nick for taking the time to solve my doubts jeje, but I hope not to bother whit so many questions, cause I think there are more to come as continue the installation of the whole system

Another question that I have is about the jetting on your kits, one of the stage is a brand new nozzle kit that I got whit the microedge on your blackfriday sale, and the other one is a tnt that a friend sold me pretty cheap. And Im thinking on make my own stand alone whit some parts that I have laying around. I have a black holley pump that is rated at 140 gph and 14psi, this pump is good for the dedicated?

What jets will you suggest usin 14 psi for a 100 hps and for 150?
Not a problem. I'm going to assume that you're thinking of not running a regulator with this set up as you're quoting the preset value of the pump itself. Bad idea if that's the case...you're going to want to get a regulator on there for sure and regulate the pump down past the preset value.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss further.

Nick
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Following your advice I decided to use a regulator to have a better control of the pressure, and maybe Ill try to put a gauge on each side after the y.

PM Nick
Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Continuing with all the wiring now with the driver module, this needs go as close as I can to the solenoids or I can make some extension for the wires and let it inside, I was thinking on putting it next to the ALDL here an image of where I want to mount it

Old 01-25-2010, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Continuing with all the wiring now with the driver module, this needs go as close as I can to the solenoids or I can make some extension for the wires and let it inside, I was thinking on putting it next to the ALDL here an image of where I want to mount it

I would move it to the engine bay. Its weather tight so don't worry about that.

Nick

Quick Reply: 2 stages Nitrous wiring