Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

UK Newbie here for parts & advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Newbie here for parts & advice.

hey guys, I'm an English chap, currently in the process of building an LS1 ('04 GTO) ready to install into my '99 Nissan 200sx (S14, what you guys call a 240sx not the crappy front wheel drive thing you get as a 200 over there! I love nissan naming schemes...)

need to order a few bits and pieces to finish the conversion and will be on the look out for shiney upgrades to get a bit more out of it once i've got it running.

engine's from an 04 GTO as mentioned, I purchased it about 3 months ago it's been upgraded by the previous owner with 243 heads, Professional products intake, custom cam (nothing wild) 90mm throttle body, wiesco pistons and a few other bits and pieces, unfortunately due to water / storage issues where it was crashed in december 2008 and has sat since, i've got to rebuild it as there was water in the bores / heads.
getting there slowly and i'm hoping it'll be ready to run in Feb this year

wondering if there's any reason i can't reply to for sale posts at teh moment?
do I need to have a certain post count / be here for a certain number of days before i'm allowed?

thanks,

Stidi (Ian)
Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try the "search". I think you have to have fifty posts, to buy and sell in the classified section.
Cheers
Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Teching In

d'oh, typical newbie error.

I tried looking in the stickies in this section and the classifieds section, but nothing jumped out at me.

that probably means I'm going to have to post ***** to get my count up, seems a shame really as there's very little I can contribute (at least, regarding my knowledge of the LS series of engines) so I've either got to ask 50 questions (that have already been asked hundreds of times) or make another 48 useless posts like this, just so I can start sending pounds across the atlantic in exchange for your shiney American wares

edit - i've just noticed that posting in this section has no effect on my post count...

time for plan B.