Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Ls1 GTO Running rough ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Ls1 GTO Running rough ??'s

Whats up guys.. just wanted to run this by you all and see if any one had any good ideas. im working on an 04 GTO w/ls1 car has slp long tubes, and a borla all the way back off of those.. whith an h-pipe, k&n cold air intake, and its an m6. the car came in because the check engine light would come on and go off randomly. when i scanned the car, i found the bank1 sensor1 to have low voltage, and it wasnt cycling at all.. also noticed bank 1 was running about 20+ for long term fuel trim. so i swapped out the o2 with a new one.... which solved the problem of the voltage.. and the fuel trim issue a bit.. i pulled the plugs figuring that bank1 would have some pretty bad looking plugs.. which it did.. bank2's plugs were ok.. while bank1 had lots of black build up.. i changed out the plugs, figuring it would help the running problem.. When i took the car out for a test drive, i found the car to be lacking in power down low.. and would some times stall when trying to move slowly.. or buck while trying to ride the car in first at idle. i was hoping that changing the o2 and plugs would help with this issue.. but it really didnt. do you guys think that the headers, and exhaust set up, with out a tune could cause these type of issues???? when in the higher rpms (1500 and up) the car feels really alive.. and reminds me of the power my camaro has.. i just dont want to tell this guy its all because of his exhaust system.. and he needs a tune if thats not the case.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nevermind.. it had a cam in it that we didnt know about...