Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB replacement...now wants to stall

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB replacement...now wants to stall

I just replaced the TB on my 00Z28. Was priity much stock and i put a BBK 85mm throttle body. I kept the stock MAF sensor on it thinking it would be fine. Also it required a little bending of the anti-freeze tubes on the bottom. Does anyone know why thats on there or can i just bypass it? I started it up and let it run for 15 mins till it warmed up and everything was fine, but when i touched the thottle it revved up normally then idled down to about 150-200RPMs for about 15 seconds wanting to stall..then idled back up to around 650 like normal. any suggestions?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like it has a vacuum leak.

Which coolant tubes are you talking about? The one thats on the bottom of the T/B itself can be bypassed, but NOT the one connecting the heads together.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Well the top hose on the TB doesnt have a clamp on it but doesnt seem to be leaking. The guy that had it before me never had a clamp on it to begin with and it ran fine with the old TB. Yeah i meant the coolant hoses on the bottom. Other than that hose on top of the TB there werent any other hoses that got disconnected.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

The gaskets BBK supplies sometimes don't have the second small hole cut in them required for your IAC (idle air control). If your IAC can't let air in then you might get surging especially on cold starts.

I bought a BBK intake manifold and had this problem. You just need to modify the gasket a little.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is the blade drilled out?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by epox4life
The gaskets BBK supplies sometimes don't have the second small hole cut in them required for your IAC (idle air control). If your IAC can't let air in then you might get surging especially on cold starts.

I bought a BBK intake manifold and had this problem. You just need to modify the gasket a little.
+1 on the bbk gasket