Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kinda disappointed so far this winter about FI site

Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda disappointed so far this winter about FI site

LOL Man,,,Usally this time of year this FI site is banging with guys doing builds and custom builds and everything else under the sun that can and will be done with there rides. Im always excited to come on here during these (off) months to see what guys are planning and doing over the winter here while hiding and cheating on their wives in their garages with their other loves.LOL Lets dont forget the secret meeting with the UPS and FED X guys for their build goodies too LOL Seems this winter nobodys really getting pumped about their builds or maybe just no posting about them? Maybe everbodys broke after X mas or it could be the economy too? I just wanted to mention this and see if im alone in noticeing this ?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meh. Ba Humbug. I'm still doing my build. 401K sucking *** be damned!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

I post a thread every day or 2 asking wtf to do! lol. This is my first winter in the FI section but since its gotten cold the replies have definitely slowed!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea,This is definatly the slowest ive seen in the past 3 years since coming on here. It just may be to soon after (X mas) here ? I exspected since the new camaro came out this year that we were all going to see this baby being transformed into the new FI monster that it can be LOL Maybe its just to soon and the new owners are just weighing the warranty issues before going FI?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

one word-recession. car stuff is were my extra money goes and that well is all tapped at the moment. this would be my guess....
Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtremeDime
I post a thread every day or 2 asking wtf to do! lol. This is my first winter in the FI section but since its gotten cold the replies have definitely slowed!
Yea Xtreme, your one of the few still posting your build LOL Ive been secretly watching your build come along very nicely if i may so so myself LOL .
Keep it up the good work !Are you draining that turbo right into the front cover or the oil pan ? or are you going to put a scavanging pump on it?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by barnat
Yea Xtreme, your one of the few still posting your build LOL Ive been secretly watching your build come along very nicely if i may so so myself LOL .
Keep it up the good work !Are you draining that turbo right into the front cover or the oil pan ? or are you going to put a scavanging pump on it?
Lol, thats nice to hear. I tapped the front of the oil pan, screw scavenging pumps! Just another part I would have to rely on that would **** me if it stops working. lol. I just order fuel pumps, a catch can, boost controller and some other smalls parts. Should putting the 317 heads on....tonight! Maybe Ill wrap some of the piping if I get a chance. Otherwise its looking to get started this month. I need to send my ECM to Frost for a base tune still
Old 01-06-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did my build when it was 100 degrees outside so it would be ready to rock during the colder months

gotta love florida (even though its 20 ******* degrees outside recently)
Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
i did my build when it was 100 degrees outside so it would be ready to rock during the colder months

gotta love florida (even though its 20 ******* degrees outside recently)
Today has been the first day above 5 degrees in a month here, cry me a river lol
Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Restricted User

LMAO, HPtuners is where its at guys! I have a winter tune and a summer tune....

The only thing i have left that i want to buy for my car is a new driveshaft.... one that i feel more comfortable with at the track this summer...

besides that i really dont plan on doing much with it right now as im trying to save for a house...

I might get crazy when it gets above 10-20* out and put the nitrous kit on it to! LMAO, i dont know if the 5.3 will take much more though....
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Restricted User

I actually got the TA out for the first time in like 1.5 months lol... finally not much snow.... took a pic or it lol...

Its still colder than **** though! Hey atleast the IATS are nice and low!!! Check out the IC, LMFAO!!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Watch getting any kind of salt on that pretty aluminum intercooler LOL salt eats that **** for breakfeast LOL
Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtremeDime
Lol, thats nice to hear. I tapped the front of the oil pan, screw scavenging pumps! Just another part I would have to rely on that would **** me if it stops working. lol. I just order fuel pumps, a catch can, boost controller and some other smalls parts. Should putting the 317 heads on....tonight! Maybe Ill wrap some of the piping if I get a chance. Otherwise its looking to get started this month. I need to send my ECM to Frost for a base tune still
That FROST is the man from what ive read and seen on here!Glade to see your almost done and agree with you 100% about the scavanging pump !
Some of us just dont have that option LOL
Old 01-06-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

I am still paying bills but I am formulating a build - should be happening in the coming months!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by barnat
Watch getting any kind of salt on that pretty aluminum intercooler LOL salt eats that **** for breakfeast LOL
Thats why i have only drove it once this winter, lol... I finally got a chance when the roads were dry... that salt sucks

I dont have a garage since i moved out of my old house kinda sucks it sit in the weather, im working on buying a house so maybee the TA will have a new garage bay to call home lol...
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Lets all have a meet, you guys come to me
Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Am i the only person that sees Xtreme's comment funny as hell lol
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

I have plans for mine. It is all torn down and awaiting money to see what all will get done. Hit a speed bump when I found my clutch was toast when I tore it down. So that was big chunck of change I didn't want to spend this winter. I was gonna do heads and new cam this winter. Now it just looks like a trans swap maybe a cam. Oh yeah and a diet.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

My build starts very soon...shoulder is finally healing up and I'm getting antsy to start the D1SC install.

I bet I can beat the rest of you to XtremeDime's place.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im still deciding what to do. I havent figured out if i wanna do a turbo 5.3 or an N/A LS7

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kinda disappointed so far this winter about FI site