General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

turn signal/ DRL bulb..

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb turn signal/ DRL bulb..

anyone know the number like ex.) 4107 that's suppose to be used for the DRL's? i'm re-doing the actual socket on both left and right DRL's because they have both gone out due to the cracking and water getting into them hopefully it's a simple fix, i just got the replacement sockets today.

I wanted to make sure i'm using the right bulb's because last time they got instantly hot, is this normal???
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just did mine a week ago, i beleive it was 3057. i was so happy they made that little panel to access them! lol
Old 01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by 02v8ta
anyone know the number like ex.) 4107 that's suppose to be used for the DRL's? i'm re-doing the actual socket on both left and right DRL's because they have both gone out due to the cracking and water getting into them hopefully it's a simple fix, i just got the replacement sockets today.

I wanted to make sure i'm using the right bulb's because last time they got instantly hot, is this normal???
\

Yea - its normal. The heat chars up the sockets real nice. If you have a water problem, you might also want to check and make sure your lenses aren't cracked. (They can take a beating from road debris.)