Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my gmmg exhaust today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my gmmg exhaust today!

I just got my GMMG exhaust today. I am getting it installed on Wednesday, I will post some sound clips when I do. I can't wait. Kooks LT's and catted y soon to come.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

GMMG with kooks and catted Y here as well, I love it. if you are coming from stock to this setup it will sound crazy loud to you once you get the long tubes on. congrats sir
Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats! i love the sound of GMMG, hands down the best sounding CB on the market!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ very true. great sounding exhaust.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Teching In

im also going with the gmmg,lts, but i was thinking more of a ory pipe but im worried its going to be to loud....
Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll love em! heard a few in the streets and they are LOUD!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Lucky lol. I'm getting a gmmg catback before summer.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my GMMG! I have a bunch of sound clips if anyone needs them, or you can search my name

Also see my exhaust set up and how i killed the rasp too
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Banned

i have had my GMMG, Kooks LT's and catted Y for going near 3 years. I love it. I would not recommend an ORY though. These exhausts are loud but not annoyingly loud, they sound mean as hell and you will love it every time you get in the car!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a GMMG exhaust, Kooks LT and Kooks Catted Y. Hopefully my pipes will be here tomorrow. I'm getting 4 pipes from bassani 1 over the axle, 1 through the cross link and both of legs to the X-pipe. Then I got a stainless X pipe off ebay. Then I got a 45 and 90 degree Mandrel Bend pipe. I'm going to see if my great exhaust guys at midas can pull this one off (their really good). That way I will have a True dual X pipe system with GMMG CB. I'm just so curious to how it would sound, if it can be pulled off.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cookba
i have had my GMMG, Kooks LT's and catted Y for going near 3 years. I love it. I would not recommend an ORY though. These exhausts are loud but not annoyingly loud, they sound mean as hell and you will love it every time you get in the car!
I have a custom Kooks O/R Y, but i killed the rasp with a FM merge and a powerstick muffler in the I pipe
Old 01-08-2010, 03:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I have a GMMG exhaust, Kooks LT and Kooks Catted Y. Hopefully my pipes will be here tomorrow. I'm getting 4 pipes from bassani 1 over the axle, 1 through the cross link and both of legs to the X-pipe. Then I got a stainless X pipe off ebay. Then I got a 45 and 90 degree Mandrel Bend pipe. I'm going to see if my great exhaust guys at midas can pull this one off (their really good). That way I will have a True dual X pipe system with GMMG CB. I'm just so curious to how it would sound, if it can be pulled off.
You better PM me when your done with your build, I want to see some pics and I want to hear how it sounds too
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Once i put longtubes and ORY my GMMG was way too loud for me. At partial throttle I could not have a conversation inside the car. WOT was loud like expected and sounded great but just cruising around and partial throttle is what got me.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
You better PM me when your done with your build, I want to see some pics and I want to hear how it sounds too
I'm done with the X-pipe to GMMG Catback build. I have Kooks LT's, Catted Y pipe and GMMG Catback. Now what they did was cut the Y-pipe on the where the Y-pipe bolts together they unbolted it and then they cut the Y-pipe on the passenger side. Basically made two 2.5" 90 degree bends into the 2.5" X-pipe. I also ordered 4 pipes (SS) from Bassani X-true dual system $221. The over the axle pipe, through the cross link pipe and both legs that go after the X-pipe. They welded everything up though that's the only draw back but I don't want to have to deal with clamps and coming loose or anything.

The throught the cross link pipe fitted pretty good, he had to cut a piece out of the over the axle pipe and it fitted okay. The shop charged me 4 hrs of labor though. He had to neck the Y-pipe down from 3" to 2.5" and cut the Y out and put the 2 bends there into the x-pipe. That's where it looks not all that great but still looks decent.

My verdict with the Catted y-pipe set up with the bullet in the I-pipe. I still had a little unwanted popping noises from the exhaust but not that bad. But with the X-pipe setup I have none of those noises and it's a more clear tone and it's also louder. According to my girl. An she said," It sounds more like a muscle car." It seems like it's not all that much noise in the car also with the X setup. It does sound different inside, when I feel like it I"m going to have it pulled on the dyno again and see if I've picked up or lost anything. I will put up pictures here soon and I will try and get the video up. I've never put a video out here. Sorry for the long message.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by D's Hawk
I just got my GMMG exhaust today. I am getting it installed on Wednesday, I will post some sound clips when I do. I can't wait. Kooks LT's and catted y soon to come.
You buy it new or used? Just wondering how to pick one up if I decide to change out my exhaust in the near future.
-Joel
Old 01-12-2010, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
You buy it new or used? Just wondering how to pick one up if I decide to change out my exhaust in the near future.
-Joel
New Vengence racing sells them or you can look in the classifieds ads here and see if someone is selling one but that rarely happens. Most people who get the GMMG's don't sell them or let them go from the post I've seen IMO.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I'm done with the X-pipe to GMMG Catback build. I have Kooks LT's, Catted Y pipe and GMMG Catback. Now what they did was cut the Y-pipe on the where the Y-pipe bolts together they unbolted it and then they cut the Y-pipe on the passenger side. Basically made two 2.5" 90 degree bends into the 2.5" X-pipe. I also ordered 4 pipes (SS) from Bassani X-true dual system $221. The over the axle pipe, through the cross link pipe and both legs that go after the X-pipe. They welded everything up though that's the only draw back but I don't want to have to deal with clamps and coming loose or anything.

The throught the cross link pipe fitted pretty good, he had to cut a piece out of the over the axle pipe and it fitted okay. The shop charged me 4 hrs of labor though. He had to neck the Y-pipe down from 3" to 2.5" and cut the Y out and put the 2 bends there into the x-pipe. That's where it looks not all that great but still looks decent.

My verdict with the Catted y-pipe set up with the bullet in the I-pipe. I still had a little unwanted popping noises from the exhaust but not that bad. But with the X-pipe setup I have none of those noises and it's a more clear tone and it's also louder. According to my girl. An she said," It sounds more like a muscle car." It seems like it's not all that much noise in the car also with the X setup. It does sound different inside, when I feel like it I"m going to have it pulled on the dyno again and see if I've picked up or lost anything. I will put up pictures here soon and I will try and get the video up. I've never put a video out here. Sorry for the long message.
So do you have pics or a new soundclip now?

How does the TDs with GMMG sound compared to a Y set up with GMMG?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another happy owner of GMMG exhaust!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are the pictures of the GMMG with the X-pipe set up. as I said in my last post above. I went to the tunnel today and it does sound different. It sounds more deeper, throaty and a little louder. It doesn't have any rasp what so ever or like if you downshift or decelerate it does not pop or have that farting like sound. Clearance is great have not problem what so ever and no pipes hitting the floor board or under the car.
Pictures:
1: The over axle pipe and under trac bar pipe, you can see the new hanger
2: Under the car passenger side going to X-pipe, where they cut the
3: The two pipes before they go over the axle
4: Shot from the back of the car, sorry for sideways view
5: Shot from back under car to give you a view of the Clearance (Money shot)

I'm a stock ride height 17" American Racing TT II and I don't thing I would have a problem if I lowered the car.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my gmmg exhaust today!-under-trac-bar.jpg   Just got my gmmg exhaust today!-passenger-side-view.jpg   Just got my gmmg exhaust today!-pipesat-axle.jpg   Just got my gmmg exhaust today!-shot-back.jpg   Just got my gmmg exhaust today!-view-clearance.jpg  

Old 01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02ChevSS
im also going with the gmmg,lts, but i was thinking more of a ory pipe but im worried its going to be to loud....

It may be pretty loud with an offroad pipe. I have longtubes, catted y, and the gmmg and it isn't that loud at all and there is no drone inside the car. At highway speeds it's actually quiet in the car, much more so than with the magnaflow I used to have. A stock car with a loudmouth is probably louder than my car.