Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS3 in TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 in TN

Thought I'd do the obligatory intro...

I picked up an '08 A6 Corvette on Halloween. I'm already at a few of the various Corvette forums, but thought I'd register and see what's up here.

Dunno what else to say...
Old 01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Guess I can add that it's currently bone stock. Well...F1 paddle shfit and HUD mods...but the motor is stock anyway.

Taking it to Ragin' Racin' in a couple weeks for a cam/rods/dual springs package and hope they do me right.
I plan on keeping it "stock looking" as much as possible. So all mods will be internal, with the exception of LS7 exhaust, ZR1 filter and sways, etc, etc....
Guess that means I'm wanting to learn more about stock replacement part swaps if anybody's got any info.

Thanks all!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:42 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Welcome bud. I sold my H/C/FAST 2006 A6 a little while ago and bought an cam'd/exhaust/CAI 08 M6 1LT (500rwhp) recently. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions. I will say get an A6 tune as soon as you can, it totally changes the attitude of the A6 cars

Pics.....!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks. Yeah, I've seen a couple of your threads over at CF. I'm doing pretty much the same thing, except I'm building my own headers...I have lofty aspirations of 180's to further help the exhaust side of the stock heads a little more .

What cam is in yours? I'm going with a relatively small cam since it's a DD more than a race car, but I'm worried that it's a little too small. (224/232, 113* - Ragin' Racin's Stinger cam)
I haven't decided on a CAI yet. I can probably get a K&N for wholesale, but think I'd rather go with a Callaway or maybe even a Vararam. I can see me being happy with a ZR1 filter too, though.

But with Edelbrock finally announcing dates for their new LS3 supercharger, I'm reeeeeaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllly rethinking a cam-only setup.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, where at in TN?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lemons12
Welcome, where at in TN?
Thanks, Franklin.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by filmjay
Thanks, Franklin.
Ahhh.. Not too far away.. Check out---- tnfbody.com
Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Pics.....!
^^^^^^ what he said.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Teching In

nice car
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Hey, sorry I didn't get back to show any pics. I've been grating my brain on my final build decisions since it's coming apart in a couple weeks.
Shortblock, heads/cam/full bolt-ons, or a supercharger. I have enough for one of the three right now.

Anyway, here's a pic...this was after her first wash. Sorry for the crappy Blackberry pic. I've got a few others on my profile at CF, but don't know if I can link them here.

And thanks for the heads-up about TNFBody. They take very kindly to Y-bodies?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SWEET! Did you pick it up from a local dealer? If the fuse was already pulled for the exhaust bypass you can thank us later Im pretty sure we rented every vette outa the airport, clarksville dragway is a BLAST with em and there ussually isnt another car there during midnight madness that can touch it! Even took one took one of the new convertable ZHZ's to the shootout!

Im TATER on tnfbody and we love all latemodel GM's I think we have more non F-bodies than f-bodies!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Hey thanks. As you can see, it's a ZHZ. The hardcore Vette guys don't give it much respect, but I think that's why I love it.
I bought it directly from Hertz and paid cash. I had it GM Certified as well as compression/leak down tests on all the cylinders. All came back @ 179-180 psi

LOL @ the NPP fuse...I actually fab'd up an LED rocker switch in the dash so that I don't have to pull the fuse anymore. And it was waaaaaaay cheaper than M2W or Sunset Orange. I know my car didn't see too many passes though, if any...it still has the factory GY's on the rear with lots and lots of tread left.

I did do a couple small cosmetic changes so that it's not a straight up rental car. lol. I blacked the Corvette lettering on the rear and added a red pin stripe along the edge of the factory stripe. But as long as I can't afford a full widebody upgrade w/ wheels, I'm going to keep it looking like a rental car so the rare Vette guy that sneers instead of waves might think again when the rental car is pulling on him. lol!

And where is Clarksville Dragway? Is it a 1/4 mile? You're not talking about Union Hill are you?
And if a stock C6 was running the show, I won't ruin everybodys fun by bringing a cammed out C6.

I'm joining up at TNFBody right now. Thanks.

Oh and fyi...all Hertz C6's aren't ZHZ's. ZHZ's are all VY coupes with the black stripe and factory 7-spokes.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I was seriously thinking about getting a hertz C6 before the economy hit the brakes. You cant find a LS3 Z51 car for the prices they sell them for! Excelent car hands down and just because it was a rental for the first ~10K miles of its life dont mean ****! The wheels are pimp and I really dig the ZHZ badging and embrodery on the inside! they are wicked little rides for sure.

Clarksville it up in well claraksville and isnt union hill. clarksville is a real redneck crowd and when you pull up to stage it sounds like your a wrestler in the WWF! haha all the ppl are yelling and making fabs at you. Its funny to here them hoot and hollar that the POS ricer you lined up against is gonna beat you and then you put BUS lengths on it! In a RENTAL! haha you gotta go up there atleast once with it you will laugh you *** off.

you will like TN fbody we have a blast and have a REAL good knowledge base for LS and LT cars.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds great. I'd LOVE to come up there and make a few passes. I don't race for cash or do brackets. I just like seeing what I can do with what I've got.

Are they still open this time of year? I'd like to get some stock baselines.

I'll see ya over at TNFB...can't post yet though.....
Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

I heard one of my local buddies was buying Tims SS.. I told him to tell Tim to come off another 1,000$ or he would be sending Big Foot Inc up!
Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

..and stiiiiiiiiill waiting...lol.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Teching In

welcome from a fellow tennessean
Old 01-20-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure whats up man, you should have been approved by now!

EDIT: ok your approved! go get your post on!

Last edited by Tricked-Out-Toy; 01-20-2010 at 07:34 AM.