Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been reading about plugs, want new ones... confused.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been reading about plugs, want new ones... confused.

What is going to be the best plug for me to run for Daily driving and To use with my 125 wet kit? Do i need projected or non projected? And a 6,7,8 etc, etc. Part #'s would help
Im new to spark plugs and nitrous !!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bthanks
What is going to be the best plug for me to run for Daily driving and To use with my 125 wet kit? Do i need projected or non projected? And a 6,7,8 etc, etc. Part #'s would help
Im new to spark plugs and nitrous !!
Im no pro but i would say a NGK TR6 would be fine for your setup.....

I do not know the part number but im sure somebody else could get that for you.....
Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats its NGK TR6 is the part number. but by the end of this thread youll be just as confused because everyone will come in with an opinion. So if I were you id call whoever is going to tune your car and let them tell you what plugs to get. If you tune it yourself, call the manufacturer of your kit and ask.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Launching!

A TR6 is a projected plug, thats what i run with a 150 shot, a br7ef is a non projected plug and is your safest bet. Thats what everyone will tell you. I am ok with running a tr6 up to a 150 shot but i am switching to br7ef's because i will be spraying a 200 this year. If you dont already have plugs and are buying new ones just get the br7ef's and never look back or be worried.

Last edited by 505OUTLAWZWS6; 01-12-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with the BR7EF's
Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

What about the e3, they claim to be the best in all aspects, but what about for nitrous?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Erock
What about the e3, they claim to be the best in all aspects, but what about for nitrous?
ummm no..... The E3s suck. They may work will on a completely stock motor but when modded you need the ability to gap the plugs properly, that is something you cannot do with the E3s.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BR7EF is the correct plug for your application. No opinion, that's a FACT.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
9 Second Club

I use TR5's for my 400 shot, you guys dont know what your talking about.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

PSHHHHH... Glow plugs for the win!!!!

They work SOOOOO much better than any regular plug! I've got two in each cylinder, one in each header primary, and one in each tail pipe to ignite all the unburnt fuel!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ATVracr
I use TR5's for my 400 shot, you guys dont know what your talking about.
Your supposed to be one of the heavy hitters on here right? Ls1tech is going down hill because of people like you. Everyone comes on here for tech information and stupid **** like this gets put up? Someone that doesnt know or is new to nitrous you just confused the **** out of them. Congrats
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure people know that he's joking... If they don't do any more research than that one post that he made then they deserve to have their **** blow up.

You are the one arguing that TR6's are nitrous plugs... Who's the reason LS1tech has gone to ****?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Launching!

I never argued that they are the correct plug, but they do work and are proven to work. If someone is buying new plugs then i suggest the br7ef but if someone already has tr6s and is only spraying 100shot then i will suggest that they use them and not buy new ones like i did in the other post. But i dont feed bullshit and this site is going downhill with all the egos and not wanting to help people out. This is a tech site, if you are going to get your panties in a wad and get bent out of shape instead of helping people i would suggest staying off.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 505OUTLAWZWS6
I never argued that they are the correct plug, but they do work and are proven to work. If someone is buying new plugs then i suggest the br7ef but if someone already has tr6s and is only spraying 100shot then i will suggest that they use them and not buy new ones like i did in the other post. But i dont feed bullshit and this site is going downhill with all the egos and not wanting to help people out. This is a tech site, if you are going to get your panties in a wad and get bent out of shape instead of helping people i would suggest staying off.
Look.. I'll step up for ATV here too... It's frustrating seeing 10 threads about the same subject sometimes... The proper information was provided previously in the thread. I consider his response a kind of tongue-in-cheek way to tell people to use the search function.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:13 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

The search function, along with stickies are your friends and are there for a reason! ALOT of info can be found between the two. The internet and message boards have been around for so long, even Stevie Wonder knows how to use it.

So in the future...
Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Launching!

I agree with the search button hince why i only have 77 posts in a year and half. I have done lots of searching and some people are too lazy to search and that does get old...

Originally Posted by shortdog

The search function, along with stickies are your friends and are there for a reason! ALOT of info can be found between the two. The internet and message boards have been around for so long, even Stevie Wonder knows how to use it.

So in the future...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 505OUTLAWZWS6
I never argued that they are the correct plug, but they do work and are proven to work.

But i dont feed bullshit and this site is going downhill with all the egos and not wanting to help people out. This is a tech site, if you are going to get your panties in a wad and get bent out of shape instead of helping people i would suggest staying off.
Either they are the right plug or they are not, Who has proven them and where is the proof?

This **** is on the 1st page still, read it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...radials-3.html

You and the other "newbs" should be the ones not posting until you know a little more and maybe have been faster than 11's.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Either they are the right plug or they are not, Who has proven them and where is the proof?

This **** is on the 1st page still, read it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...radials-3.html

You and the other "newbs" should be the ones not posting until you know a little more and maybe have been faster than 11's.
I'm glad someone else noticed that... Way to troll around and spread misinformation!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you guys for who gave me a straight answer. For those who just wasted time saying try a search go back and read my thread title... I searched... found many different answers, all I wanted was a straight answer of what I should run for my settup.

Lazy is not my issue, time is my issue. I work full time, go to school full time and have a family.