LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Modifying fuel rail, bending it

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying fuel rail, bending it

Any thoughts or advice on modifying our LS4 fuel rail to fit on a LS6 intake manifold? I just bought a LS4 fuel rail with stock injectors on ebay for this swap as I want to keep the original set to return it to stock if I have to. The fuel rail appears to be made of stainless steel and very tough, doesn't look like its going to bend very easy. I was thinking of making a 2 piece half round die out of hard wood and squeezing the rail between with a press or large clamp to bend it gently. I would first bolt down the rail to a strong board to keep the rails from moving and keep them aligned. Or maybe after bolting the rail to a strong board, using large wood wedges to slowly force the rail cross piece up a bit. Might have to cut the tab that holds the feed line to the cross piece and reweld it with a small spacer.
I will probably just braze small pieces of metal or washers to the mounting tabs to get them to match to the LS6 manifold.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used wood and c-clamps mostly, although I got pissed a couple times and hit it with a rubber mallet (wouldn't recommend that to anyone). Just use some vasoline on the injectors so they come in and out easy and take your time. In and out, in and out, until you like the fit. Just because it is a pain to get the manifold bolts on and off, I'd recommend connecting the fuel system up and cycling the key to see if you have any pressure leaks once you have the fuel rail and injectors in place. I didn't have any leaks, but I was worried because I'd read that you can damage a fuel rail pretty easily. I figured that if I have problems down the road that someone will have figured out a better solution.