Help programing Pac-Swi Jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help programing Pac-Swi Jack

Anyone in the Baytown area that can help with this? I have been trying to program it with no luck. I have spent more time trying to program this damn thing than installing my head unit.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really not hard at all man. Did it come with instructions? The website offers step by step instructions as well.
I installed the PAS SWI-PS just a couple months ago.
Where are you having the trouble at? I might be able to help walk your through it over here.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
It's really not hard at all man. Did it come with instructions? The website offers step by step instructions as well.
I installed the PAS SWI-PS just a couple months ago.
Where are you having the trouble at? I might be able to help walk your through it over here.
Well it seems to be programed because when i push the programed buttons on the steering wheel the led starts blinking on the swi jack, but it does not control anything on the head unit.

I set it to version 1 and put it on position 3 for kenwood. Set it up step by step and nothing works.

For my head unit this is the order in which i should program the buttons. I do not have a CD changer so i guess i skip track up and down, and disc up and down?

1.Vol up
2.Vol down
3.Mute
4.Source
5.Seek up
6.Track up
7.Track down
8.Disc up/FM
9.Disc down/AM

Do i also skip Source since my steering wheel says preset?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

I think there is a button to press to skip a button if you do not have it. It took me a while to figure mine out but it because I was using an OS4 and the version is different. Its been a while since I have done mine.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GreenS-10
I think there is a button to press to skip a button if you do not have it. It took me a while to figure mine out but it because I was using an OS4 and the version is different. Its been a while since I have done mine.
yeah the buttons that needed to be skipped were skipped by pushing the program button within the 7 second window.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You buy it new or used? Have you posted your question in the Stereo & Electronics section?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
You buy it new or used? Have you posted your question in the Stereo & Electronics section?
I bought it new. I came with instructions but the ones on the internet are better and esier to follow. I havent posted there but others guys have and no one reseponded with a good answer. They pretty much said to follow the internet instructions.