Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Will Andy Reid and D. McNaab ever win a superbowl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will Andy Reid and D. McNaab ever win a superbowl?

Pretty bad loss last night. Gotta think the Reid/McNaab era won't be remembered as a great combo (which they are) if they can't win (or even get to again) the big game.
I really expected more out of them last night. What do you guys think?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me too. I thought last week would have woke them up but i guess not. They always fail when the game really needs to count.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

They will never win a superbowl.

And I'd rather stab myself in the eye than spend another season having to look at shot after shot of McNabb's stupid grin after every time he throws a ball in the dirt.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
They will never win a superbowl.

And I'd rather stab myself in the eye than spend another season having to look at shot after shot of McNabb's stupid grin after every time he throws a ball in the dirt.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Everyone else says, "He's just having fun..."

If I screw up at work every day and laugh about it, my *** would be fired.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:25 PM
9 Second Club

Well, he did throw up on the field once instead of smiling.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

****** eagles. lost money on that damn game.they cant even beat pretty boy romo and the garbage cowboys
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Yes they will win.

But first they need a Cheesesteak, some Chunky Soup, an XBox or PS3....

And this:

They'll have the next 6 months to win.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For as good as the Eagles played all year I can't believe they got beat 2 weeks in a row by Romo and the Cowgirls. I think the Reid/McNabb Eagles getting back to the Super Bowl is possible, but I think it's more likely that they stay a regular season top NFC team and then they make it to the NFC championship for the 10th time and lose badly to an upstart.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Well, the Eagles defense didn't do too hot either.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahaha..no!!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

ever since the week 17 *** whooping the boys gave the eagles, ive been reading these blogs leading up to last nights game. they basically said the same thing: "these cowboy fans are funny. 3-4 weeks ago they all wanted to hang wade phillips. saying he is the crappiest coach ever. since the boys are riding a 3 game win streak with a shut out of the eagles they are all kissing phillips ***. they are saying he is the greatest ever." the only people i see saying stuff like that are these writers. phillips sucked with the chargers, sucked with the bills (he started rob johnson over doug flutie for crying out loud), and as a cowboy fan i think he still sucks. but he does make a good defensive coach.
anyways, some of these same writers are calling for Donovan McNabbs head. saying he sucks, he is a bum, eagles need to get rid of him. im sitting here thinking "did these people watch the same game i did?"
the eagles running backs fumbled (hand offs, pass receptions), the center screwed up the snap, his receivers were well covered, they had very little of a run game, a couple of Mcnabbs passes were deflected, and the cowboys had a couple of coverage sacks. you cant blame those things on Mcnabb. sure he threw a couple interceptions and some bad passes but what qb doesnt? the cowboys defense whipped the eagles, Romo played well, the cowboys ran all over the eagles. they going to blame that on mcnabb too?
the cowboys are clearly the better team between the 2
Old 01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not really an eagles fan, but I thought they'd beat the 'boys' pretty good. They looked like a high school team. That's coaching to me. It's Reid, not McNabb IMO.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

not an eagles fan but i CAN see andy reid winning a superbowl...but not with Mcnabb......better chance of winning or at least getting back to super bowl with kevin kolb!..young team...should be really good in like 4 years(d.jackson, maclin, celek, mccoy..all under 24yrs old)
Old 01-10-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

one of them needs to go. maybe both. theyve been there along time and keep only getting so far.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Reid and co. are poor game planers and are even worse at making adjustment throughout the game. He has also consistantly done a poor job of time management. McNabb probably only has another year with the Eagles. As much as I hate to say it, they need to make changes.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bout them dallas cowboys!!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JBM
Reid and co. are poor game planers and are even worse at making adjustment throughout the game. He has also consistantly done a poor job of time management. McNabb probably only has another year with the Eagles. As much as I hate to say it, they need to make changes.
Best post of this thread and the absolutely truth. I don't care how many games Reid has won for this organization, he will NEVER win a Super Bowl because outside the realm of his set plays he's a horrible coach.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

As a former PA resident Oct 09 all I have to say is that the game against the cowboys and yes I hate them also. Proves McNabb is extremely over-rated as a qb and also shows Andy Reid is a crap coach and is more lucky than good. Pretty sad only real offensive glory came from a convited animal abuser who if Philly is lucky will take over the fail Mcnabbs's job ( While wishing a giant bull mastiff would have appeared and chewed Vick's face off ) and Reid will be fired. At least the Steelers got smart and fired their offensive coordinator and special teams coach to deal with their issues this year. Also in dealing with weak links in their team philly is long over due to deal with the slack on their team. The only worse game I saw this year was the Oakland Cleveland game in which my Raiders (yes I don't have much to cheer about since Gruden screwed us in 02 when he went to Tampa ) and Cleveland ( mothers team ) had a no here's the game you win oh no I insist here's the game you win are you sure I really want you to win game. Rambling post shortend Philly needs to take a lesson from Pitt as usual and clear out the crap players and coaching staff. My hope is the the vikings win just so favre can give a huge middle finger to Greenbay.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't mind watching the eagles lose, what bothered me, was watching the jets win. I dunno what happened there... but that is certainly not what I expected.

That's o.k. though, they have next week to blow it
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eagles just looked lost, so to the Cowboys. But it really does not matter either way, as either would be playing the Vikes and its going to be a slaughter anyways.